Closing date for applications: 26 March 2018
To organise and promote the social activities of the school and contribute to the student experience.
Contract: Full time, permanent
- To ensure the successful design and delivery of the social programme.
- To provide a balanced and varied activities and entertainment programme throughout the year taking into account the student profile of under/over 18s.
- To plan /review and md promote a detailed activity programme for forthcoming weeks and day-today rota.
- To review / undertake risk assessments for each activity.
- To lead a social programme appropriate for older students consisting of at least 2 evening activities per week (e.g. Pub, BBQ, Cinema) and a guided full-day excursion at least on alternate weekendsTo ensure that procedures and legislation regarding young people and health and safety are followed at all times.
- To liaise and maintain a good working relationship with external service providers and ensure they meet the requirements of the DBS policy.To make sure all staff are adequately prepared for their activity sessions and have the necessary documentations.To ensure adequate staffing levels / ratio to students for activities and excursions.
- To obtain regular formal feedback from students and act upon comments and suggestions for future programmes.
- To ensure accurate record keeping with regard to bookings and payments for activities.
- To update and maintain activities notice boards and posters.
- To maintain (or gain) a qualified first aid trained status.
- To use social media / blogs to highlight centre activities
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
Vacation/Closed Group courses
- To design a social programme based on our standard offer, or as modified by individual agreement with the client.
- To lead activities/excursions personally or supervise staff carefully where this is delegated (e.g. summer and other busy periods)
- To provide guided tours and other useful information including maps/worksheets to students/leaders to ensure that the programme is informative, stimulating and enjoyable
- To deal with outside suppliers (eg coach companies, attraction venues) and make arrangements/bookings as appropriate
- To keep within the activities budget (in conjunction with the CD)
- To ensure the safety of students at all times through adherence to staff/student quotas, careful briefing of Embassy Activity leaders, students and group leaders
- To lead group leader meetings during the busy summer months
- Assist within the student services department when needed
- To take phone calls and deal with student queries
- Emergency phone rota
- To cover for reception staff as and when required
- Other duties as reasonably requested
KEY Performance indicators
- Efficient and effective performance of duties and high standards of customer care will contribute directly to the success of the school. The following are likely indicators of good performance:
- Achieving budget targets on social programme activities
- Good rate of students attending activities (increase in attendance)
- An increase in input / blogs for our social media pages.
- Friendly, yet professional and ‘in charge’
- Organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Ability to build good rapport
- Ability to mix and relate to people of many different nationalities, and with different backgrounds and ages
- Sensitivity to cultural needs
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to A level
- Safeguarding training (desirable)
- First Aid qualification (desirable)
- Previous experience of working as a social activities leader / organiser (desirable)
- Experience of working with 12 – 18 year olds (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Good computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a completed application form to Najah Hussein.
Application deadline 26 March 2018