Accounts Payable Delivery Lead
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £25-30,000 DOE
We're looking for a high calibre candidate with management and high volume Accounts Payable experience for this important job, based within our Shared Service Centre at our offices in Brighton, five minutes' walk from the train station.
In this job you’ll lead, manage and motivate the Accounts Payable team and be ultimately accountable for the accurate and timely processing of all Supplier Invoices, Student Refunds and Expenses payments. You’ll continually develop AP processes and procedures, and establish and maintain effective relationships with key members of the business.
- Manage and prioritising the workload of the Accounts Payable team
- Conduct regular staff 121's to review progress on objectives, current workloads and overall performance
- Perform annual staff goal setting and appraisals
- Manage Holiday / Sickness / training and recruitment of the AP Team
- Gaining full knowledge of department duties ensuring that full cover and training can be provided to the team
- Ensure the workflow of all documentation through the purchase ledger is carried out in line with company procedures
- Continually develop and improve / streamline the processes within the Accounts Payable team
- Perform regular reviews of suppliers to ensure debit balances and queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Produce matrix of AP Team Performance v Workload + additional AP data
- Work closely with Head of Shared Services to define and implement Governance policies
- Participate in systems testing during maintenance release/projects to identify any issues and aid resolution
- Keep Shared Services manager up-to-date with progress on team tasks and objectives
- Build and maintain good working relationships with internal staff and wider finance team
- Ensure continuous personal development with systems maintenance
Skills and Qualifications required
To do this job you’ll certainly have a strong understanding of high volume Accounts Payable, and previous management experience. You’ll be a good communicator and team player, dedicated to providing good customer service, and effective and prioritization and time management. You’ll be IT literate, with strong Excel skills (V-Lookups, Functions and Pivot tables) an advantage.
Ideally you’ll be AAT qualified. But if you aren’t, and you tick our other boxes, we’d love to hear from you!
Remuneration and Benefits
- 25 days' holiday (plus Bank Hols)
- Pension, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and much more
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.