Accounts Payable Assistant
Deadline for applications: N/A
We’re looking for a high calibre individual to work as an Accounts Payable Assistant. The role sits within our Finance Shared Service Centre at our offices in central Brighton, a stone’s throw from the train station.
Why should I want the job?
It’s an opportunity to work in finance for Study Group, the 2017 and 2018 Pathway Company of the Year*. We’re a complex, ever evolving business, and we believe in empowering the people who work for us – so if you have ideas, we want to hear them! If you’re an ambitious person, our finance function is an excellent place to progress your career – many of our senior staff started in similar roles. And you’ll be working in the thriving heart of a great city.
*Education Investor Awards 2017/2018
What will the job actually involve?
In this job you’ll be accountable for the accurate and timely processing of Supplier Invoices & Staff Cash Expenses through to payment, including Student Refunds and Commission payments for UK, Europe, Singapore, North America and Regional Offices.
Duties will include but are not limited to:-
- Accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices onto Agresso
- Accurate processing of all domestic and international payment runs
- Performing regular statement reconciliation/Trade Creditor reviews
Staff cash expenses
- Distribution of monthly staff credit card statements and expense templates
- Ensure staff expenses are authorised in-line with Delegation of Authority policy
- Ensure correct treatment of staff benefits and VAT
- Accurate and timely processing of staff expenses onto Agresso
- Investigate unidentified credit card transactions; escalating fraudulent activity to senior management
- Ensuring efficient and accurate processing of staff cash expense payments
- Accountable for cashloader machines; verify and reconcile cash to readings, ensure cash is securely banked and accurately recorded in line with cash policy
- Accurate handling of petty cash; seek signature for all in/outbound cash payments, review receipts and ensure claims are authorised, timely processing of cash vouchers with
- month end cashbook reconciliation
- Month end Petty Cash to GL reconciliations
So what skills will I need for the job?
You’ll have proven experience within an AP function (ideally high volume), excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
About Study Group
Study Group is one of the world’s largest international education and training organisations. Every year over 77,000 students from more than 170 countries choose to study with Study Group. We invest in international students’ futures and enhance their prospects by focusing on the way they learn as well as the qualifications they achieve.
Our ethos is best summed up by the phrase "Students First". The success and well-being of our students is at the heart of everything we do, and it's what drives us to excel.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV to our online jobs board.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.