Position Type: Fixed Term Contract (Ending August 2018)
Salary: Circa £35,000 per annum
Our Surrey Study Centre, based in London, is based in the heart of a beautiful campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. This role will deliver highly effective Accounting units at Surrey ISC, working at Foundation level (Level 3). We are looking for an experienced Tutor, with excellent communication skills, solid teaching practice, and creative approaches that can join the current team of seven and add real value to both the team and the students.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced teacher, full of energy and enthusiasm, to have a unique and extremely rewarding teaching experience. You will be teaching international students from all over the world, providing a transformational learning experience that gives the students the best opportunity to progress into a UK University.
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of units and teaching sessions offered by the Surry ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load of up to 25 hours per week
- Prepare unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for units and teaching sessions, including unit material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre’s office team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings
Academic management and personal development
- Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
- Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities
- Carry out any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of Department or Head of Centre
Qualifications and Training
- A Bachelor degree in the relevant subject area. Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching Accounting in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students
- Experience of teaching Business and/or Economics (Desirable)
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please send your CV to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant, to be considered for this position.