Accountancy and Finance Tutor (Variable Hours)
Deadline for applications: N/A
Are you an enthusiastic and innovative Accountancy and Finance Tutor looking for a unique opportunity?
Our Liverpool John Moore’s International Study Centre is offering the chance to join the business on a flexible variable hour contract, teaching modules in Accountancy and Finance to students on our university preparation programmes. Working on both our International Foundation (Level 3) and International Year 1 (Level 4) programmes, you will design, develop, and deliver high-quality teaching to groups of international students, as well as undertake marking and feedback provision on a formative and summative basis, whilst complying with quality standards and processes.
Contract Type: Variable Hours
Why choose us
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre is a fantastic place to work. Based in the heart of the University, the centre offers great facilities, a great working environment, and great people. This is a close-knit centre, that’s collaborative and friendly, offering excellent development to its staff.
What we offer
- Holiday allowance that can be taken any time.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
What experience do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business, or a relevant subject.
- A teaching qualification and/or a Masters are highly desirable.
- Professional Qualifications are also considered.
- You’ll be a student centred teacher, with experience in small classes, and a catalogue of creative and innovative classroom activities to ensure the highest quality of student experience.
- Extensive experience teaching Accountancy and Finance in post 16, UK Pathway, or Higher Education Environments
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
The application process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.