Closing date for applications: 20 November 2017
Bellerbys College, Cambridge, is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive accommodation officer.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills and an eye for detail. He/she will demonstrate a caring and understanding approach towards our international students, as well as a commitment to providing a high level of service. He/she will stay calm under pressure and be able to interact with diplomacy at all levels. The ability to be efficient, flexible and organized when working work within a busy team is very important. The candidate must be IT literate; training to use the in-house system will be provided.
The job is varied and will cover different aspects of the accommodation management role. This is a full-time, permanent position (37.5 hours per week).
Job Purpose: to promote the highest standards of safety, efficiency, and customer care in matters relating to students in residence and homestay accommodation
- To ensure the well being of students living in college accommodation, to include: allocating appropriate accommodation, according to student need and availability; responding to the needs of individual students taking into account cultural, personal and emotional aspects; fostering good relationships with students and their hosts or residential staff
- To create and maintain accurate and up to date records according to internal standards and Ofsted procedures, to include oversight of DBS checks, references and documentation relating to host family provision
- To ensure the timely booking of students into residential properties and host families
- To provide effective and prompt communication with central admissions, parents, students, agents and host families and third party providers
- To ensure that the College customer service standards regarding the response to and resolution of queries or complaints are met
- To contribute to the gathering and dissemination of feedback on the department and its services from end of term student questionnaires and other sources, and act on this where appropriate, in order to improve the service to students
- To contribute to the recruitment of suitable host families according to college procedures
- To assess and plan for accommodation requirements; keeping the Director of Student Services and other members of the Student Services team fully informed of major capacity or other accommodation issues
- To provide data relating to accommodation as required
- To contribute to the development of accommodation provision
- To provide support for College events to include induction, host family and end of term events
- To deal with financial calculations relating to payments and charges
- To liaise with external organisations as required
- To contribute to the work of the Student Services team, attending meetings, undertaking staff development and participating in whole staff meetings, training and development.
- To provide cover for the Attendance Officer or other members of the Student Services team as required
- To participate in the College appraisal process
- To keep up to date with College policies and procedures
- Care, understanding and patience when meeting the needs of international students
- Cultural awareness and an ability to vary approach to suit different cultures and contexts
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- A good listener
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail
Qualifications and Training
- Secondary level of education
Knowledge and Skills
- Office management and IT literate
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo appropriate safeguarding training and operate within these guidelines. All successful applicants will undergo child protection screening including an enhanced DBS and Barred List check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please send a completed application from to Marta Wilk, PA to Principal and HR Administrator.
Application deadline 4pm on 20 November 2017