Academic Personal Tutor
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: 34,170.57 per annum
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
In this fantastic job opportunity, you’ll join our Durham University International Study Centre as an Academic Personal Tutor. Providing Academic Study, welfare, and pastoral support to international students studying on our Undergraduate Foundation Programme and Pre-Masters Programme, you’ll have the opportunity to work in an autonomous environment where student-centred, innovative lessons are encouraged.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. To be successful in this job role, you’ll be a communicative Personal Tutor that understands the needs of learners and encourages independent learning. If the idea of working in a centre that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
In this role you will manage on a daily basis the pastoral, welfare and academic study needs of individuals and groups of students, using a range of tools and reporting mechanisms, to promote and secure the progression of students at the centre to our University Partners. You will work to ensure the best possible student outcomes are attained, bearing in mind our ‘Students First’ values and commitment to the holistic wellbeing of each individual.
- Providing personal, pastoral and academic based tutorials at both individual and group level
- Monitoring the centre’s Progression Tracking processes for all students
- Working in collaboration with the centre’s Lead Academic Personal Tutor, Welfare Officer, Subject Leads, and the Quality and Progression Manager to achieve the best possible student outcomes
- Supporting an environment where students are able to take advantage of social and sporting activities, and cultural events.
Experience and qualification
- University Application Advice
- Experience of working with international students
- Experience of providing tutorials at both group and individual level
- Experience of dealing with student pastoral issues and complaints
- Monitoring student progress through action planning
- Understanding of academic study skills e.g. plagiarism; report writing; presentation skills; exam preparation etc
- Student counselling.
- Working in collaboration with a Top Tier University
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.