Role: Academic Manager at the Durham University ISC
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a skilled Academic Manager to join the Study Group organisation, taking up a key position in our brand new Durham learning centre. Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we introduce a new centre, working in partnership with a highly reputable University. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
The purpose of this role is:
- To lead the Academic Administration team and ensure effective and timely scheduling of lessons, including classing of students, allocation of tutors and rooms
- To ensure assessments and examinations are prepared, scheduled and run according to Centre and University rules and regulations
- To process and analyse data and provide a variety of management information reports.
Qualifications and Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Administration or management training or qualification (desirable)
- Line management or supervising staff
- Working in an academic administration environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Working with students
- Working in an educational environment
- Using data and reporting systems
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of working with a student management system (Progresso, for example)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills with good standard of written English
- Organisational Skills
- Works on own initiative and is a good team player
- Joint Council for Qualifications regulations knowledge
- Further and Higher Education Courses/Structures experience
- University database systems knowledge (e.g. SITS)
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder. Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply with a completed application form to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant