Academic English Tutors x2
Closing date for applications:13 December 2017
An exciting opportunity has opened for a number of English Academic Tutors to join our Sussex Study Centre. Based in the heart of the beautiful Sussex University Campus, this is an excellent opportunity to work with a large number of talented students from all over the world.
The right candidate will be required to deliver highly effective modules across one or all of the courses delivered at Sussex Study Centre, working at one or all of the following levels: Foundation (Level 3); International Year 1 (Level 4); and Pre Masters (Level6).
WHO WE ARE
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Contract type: Variable
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Sussex ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching seminar and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load of up to 25 hours per week
- Prepare module tests and other forms of formative and summative assessments
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre’s Operations team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings
Academic management and personal development
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
- Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities
- Carry out any other duties as required from time to time by the Centre Director and/or Deputy Centre Director.
Qualifications and Training
- A Bachelor degree.(Essential)
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Diploma in English language teaching (Essential)
- Master’s in related discipline (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students
- EAP experience for teachers of English
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 13 December 2017