Would you love to work in an innovative teaching environment, with the autonomy to help students achieve their dreams?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is just one of the phenomenal benefits that you have when working with us. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love adaptable people that thrive in this environment. Our Durham University International Study Centre opened last September and has had an amazing first year. This has resulted in some really positive growth, and as we continue to build, we are now offering you as an enthusiastic EAP Tutor the opportunity to join the English team. We are an unrivalled business; see below just a few examples:
- An FE environment that isn’t completely restricted by processes.
- No evening or weekend classes.
- Holiday that can be taken during term-time.
- A global network that works with a number of top tier University partners.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- Rare classroom environment.
Salary: £33,453 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will schedule, prepare and deliver AES classes (up to 20 hours per week) according to the module syllabus and description provided and as agreed with the Head of English.
- You’ll keep accurate records of classes delivered and materials used
- Set, collect, mark and return homework and assessed course work within set timeframes
- You will inspire the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments, provide them with the tools to achieve this and give comprehensive and constructive feedback to students on course and class work.
- You will contribute to the preparation of end of term reports on and for students, as well as those progress reports occasionally required by student sponsors
- You will contribute to the bank of materials created to support delivery of the EAP programmes, and maintain the order and condition of existing materials.
What experience do you need?
You will be an adaptable Tutor that is used to working in an energetic, every changing environment. You’ll have a keen interest in International Education, and a good awareness of the challenges involved. You should have a catalogue of innovative and creative classroom activity ideas. Strong communication is key, as well as an infectious positive attitude. See below some key skills that we would love to see:
- 2+ years’ experience teaching to Academic English/preparation for study.
- Relevant teaching in a Further Education or Higher Education setting
- Experience of teaching a variety of International Students.
- Qualified with a CELTA, DELTA, or relevant Masters.
Our Durham University Study Centre is the newest to the Study Group network, recently opening its doors in September last year. Based in the spectacular Queens Campus, it is now a fully functional centre full of talented students from across the globe. The centre runs a dynamic curriculum across the International Foundation, and the Pre-Masters programme. This is a high-energy centre, where no day is the same. The centre is right next to the River Tees and the breath taking Infinity Bridge
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV via our application website, and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.