Academic and Quality Manger
Closing date for applications: 21 January 2018
Are you an experienced Academic Manager with extensive experience leading an Academic Team?
Do you have a passion for driving the highest standard of quality?
Would you like a role that offers you the opportunity to be innovative and creative to ensure the highest quality of student experience?
If so then this could be the opportunity that you’ve been looking for!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Academic Manager to join our Kingston University International Study Centre. As part of the centre’s senior management team, this role gives the opportunity to have responsibility of the Academic staff, driving an innovative and interactive teaching practice throughout the centre, as well ensuring that the quality of the processes within the centre are to the highest standard.
This is a challenging role that requires a forward thinking and creative attitude, with the ability to implement your ideas effectively. As an organisation, Study Group are advocates of professional and personal development for staff, and with this specific role there is strong career progression and opportunities to take on network level responsibilities within the company.
The study centre is based in a beautiful campus on the outskirts of London, surrounded by woodland. The students at the centre and truly fantastic, and create a lively, energetic, exciting working environment.
WHO WE ARE
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
- Responsible for the academic management of KULISC, overseeing the effectiveness of the teaching staff, programmes and the overall quality of the academic delivery. Providing co-ordination of teaching, learning and assessment and academic management.
- Overseeing Quality in processes at KULISC.
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Academic and Operational Management
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the tutors at KULISC.
- Act as a positive role model and the lead practitioner for all teaching staff, ensuring that a culture of high performance is maintained throughout KULISC
- Ensure the quality of academic provision continues to improve in the view of the QAA and other external agencies/organisations.
- Lead Quality at KULISC, attend all quality committee meetings
- Maintain oversight of the quality of teaching staff, motivate staff to develop and contribute to the best of their abilities ensuring that academic standards are maintained across all courses offered
- Ensure that pastoral and safeguarding matters are appropriately dealt with by the relevant staff.
- Accountability for the examination process including examination entries and prompt communication of results in co-ordination with the Admin team.
- Ensure effective lesson observation and appraisal system is in place for all members of academic staff
- Be familiar with the general entrance requirements of each course offered by KU and the general terms and conditions applicable to students
- Stay abreast of external exam boards and relevant syllabus changes and requirements of KU for all courses
- Recruitment and management of appropriate academic staffing levels in consultation with the HoC
- Ensuring the lesson observation and appraisal system is in followed for all members of the academic staff
- Ensure appropriate induction for new academic staff
Qualifications and Training
- Degree Qualified
- A relevant teaching qualification
- Substantial academic and curriculum management experience.
- A track record of delivering quality improvements in an education setting.
- Strong proven leadership skills
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV and completed application form to Jessica Coupe: email@example.com
Application deadline 21 January 2018