Academic and Quality Administrator
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time, permanent
The Academic Administration team provide play a key role in the day to day running of this centre. They manage complex data and reporting, sensitive information, and cover a variety of different duties that are essential for our students to have a faultless student experience.
A fantastic opportunity has opened at our University of Surrey International Study Centre for a highly skilled administrator to join this team. You will play a key role in taking responsibility for the academic administration within the centre; ensure compliance is upheld in relation to the exams and assessment process. You’ll provide support services to students, staff and other key stakeholders, meaning that stakes are high, and no day is the same. We are looking for a data-driven administrator that has expert attention to deal, thrives of working in a fast-paced, is adaptable, and is comfortable working to tight deadlines. As this team continues its exciting growth, there is ample opportunity for you to develop your skillet with a huge focus on CPD, and lots of career progression is desired.
Our University of Surrey International Study Centre is based in the beautiful town of Guildford, in the heart of a campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
- To organise timetable data and distribute this accurately to teachers and students.
- To carry out all assessment and examination related administration.
- Managing the set-up of assessment screens, production and distribution of interim reports, and hold data on exam attendance and invigilator reports.
- To assist with the implementation and administration of academic quality processes to ensure compliance with external bodies
- Support the Head of Quality and Innovation by minute taking and logging actions at relevant quality committees
- To provide general admin support for the centre as required including the Heads of Department and cover duties for other members of staff when absent and during peak periods
- You’ll be an experienced Administrator, ideally with experience working in a fast-paced education establishment.
- You will need experience of working on complex data and reporting systems. If you’ve worked with student management systems (Progresso, for example) then this is highly desirable.
- Academic administration experience including exam processes would be highly advantageous.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular, Word and Excel
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.