Closing date for applications: 13 December 2017
Our Surrey Study Centre, based in London, is based in the heart of a beautiful campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. An exciting opportunity has opened for a highly skilled professional; that has a natural flair for building relationships as well as a calm and professional work ethic that thrives from a fast paced environment. This role is responsible for the academic administration within the centre and will ensure compliance in relation to the exams and assessment process. This role will provide support sector leading services to students, staff and other key stakeholders. Any previous management experience would be desirable as the selected candidate will deputise for the Admin Manager’s in their absence and will require overseeing and responsibility for delivery of services.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Contract: Full time, permanent
- To support with set up data in Scheduler/Progresso
- To distribute, in a timely and accurate manner, exams timetables for teachers and students
- Organising invigilation and emergency academic cover
- Liaising with Security regarding exam logistics.
Assessment and Examination Administration
- To carry out all assessment and examination related administration including:
- Final check for proof reading and formatting of assessments
- Preparing assessments packs
- Exam set up and invigilation
- Preparing and emailing statements of entry and timetables
- Collating assessment submission for exams and tracking coursework submission.
- Check all assessment and examination results are entered and recorded correctly on Progresso
- Collating and preparing assessments for external examination
- Check all assessment have been externally moderated and escalate to Head of Centre any concerns
- Ensure exams papers are printed and available in a timely manner.
- Ensure the secure storing and archiving of exam records including exam papers, attendance records and invigilator reports.
- Supervision of the signing in and signing out process for exam papers by tutors
- Liaising with Academic Officer regarding extenuating circumstances as necessary
- Manage release and closure of assessment screens in line with the academic calendar.
Processing and maintaining records and producing reports
- Assisting with the set-up of assessment screens in Progresso
- Production and distribution of interim reports
- To hold data on exam attendance and invigilator reports
- To assist in producing statistical analysis and reports as required
- Production and distribution of end of term reports, transcripts, and course completion documents
Academic Quality Assurance and Academic Support
- To assist with the implementation and administration of academic quality processes to ensure compliance with external bodies
- To take minutes at relevant meetings
- To assist with periodic documentation reviews/audits
- To assist with production of relevant documentation for re-recognition and revalidation events
- To contribute to the planning of the academic calendar
- Secretary of UAB and PAB
- Deputise in the absence of the Admin Manager
- To provide general admin support for the centre as required including the Heads of Department and cover duties for other members of staff when absent and during peak periods
- To provide student facing advice and support at Student Services.
- To foster productive relationships with student body and members of staff
- To assist with induction process and arrivals
- To deal, on occasions, with out-of-office hours queries regarding student arrivals
- To support students to engage with Building Futures activities.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students with whom you come into contact with
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of working with a student management system (Progresso, for example)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills with good standard of written English
- Organisational Skills
- Works on own initiative and is a good team player
- Joint Council for Qualifications regulations knowledge
- Further line management or supervising staff
- Working in an academic administration environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Working with students
- Working in an educational environment
- Using data and reporting systems
- Academic administration experience including exam processes and Higher Education Courses/Structures experience
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 13 December 2017