Academic Administrator - Urgent Start
Closing date for applications: 05 May 2017
ASAP Urgent Start
Monday-Friday – 37.5 hours/week
Bellerbys College provides pre-university education for overseas students. We are currently seeking to recruit an Academic Administrator for Bellerbys College, Cambridge.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive attitude, show initiative, have a keen eye for detail and will be well organised. Experience using databases is important, as well as the ability to prioritise work and develop a good rapport with both staff and students.
Supporting the Academic Director
- Updating records and producing reports as required.
- Being the first line of contact for incoming queries by email/post and telephone.
- Assist with input and management of academic calendars.
- Assisting with the resolution of student/agent and parent enquiries/issues.
- Assisting with the arrangement and recording of Academic Management Team and tutor meetings.
- Being the first point of contact for student academic enquiries.
- Liaising with the Academic Director and other College teams to answer student enquiries within appropriate timescales.
- Assisting the Academic Director with the induction of new students to the College.
Administration of data
- Entering and updating student data in Progresso.
- Preparing weekly attendance reports for senior management.
- Issuing weekly unmarked register reports and highlighting issues to the Academic Director.
- Assist with data input for curriculum plan under the direction of the Academic Director.
- Allocating students to groups.
- Processing course and timetable changes under the direction of the Academic Director.
- Creating and distributing timetables for students and rooms from Progresso.
Assessments (Summative & Formative)
- Co-ordinating the production and distribution of the relative Programme’s mid-term and end-of-term reports.
- Entering students for IELTs Tests using the on-line system.
- Recording and distributing IELTs Certificates when received.
- Other tasks not specified within the job description will be channelled through the Academic Director to be agreed on an individual basis with the Academic Administrator.
- To follow all relevant college welfare, health and safety and external regulation policies.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students with whom you come into contact.
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to NVQ level 3 / 4 or A level
- Using IT systems to produce reports. Specifically experience of working with spreadsheets required and ideally experience of working with databases
- Experience of working in an education setting would be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Marta Wilk, PA to Principal, Bellerbys College Cambridge.
Application deadline 05 May 2017