Student Service Officer
Closing date for applications: 20 June 2017
The Student Service Officer is expected to provide administrative support in all matters pertaining to Student Services including finance, accommodations and activities. The Student Service Officer should ensure superior customer service for all clients and stakeholders; manage accurate and complete Student files; support all booking and post arrival transactions, where necessary.
- Prepare for student arrivals, departures and changes, by running reports from the student bookings database
- Collate welcome packs for new arrivals; liaise with Admissions/Academic to ensure updated arrival information; order materials as needed;
- Deliver a friendly, efficient, accurate and professional administrative service to students;
- Provide general student support services, including local and travel information, help with Police and doctor registration, bank accounts, flight confirmations, issue ID cards, log-in IDs
- Assist with student inductions. Resolve or refer student problems and queries.
- Maintain new student checklist
- Provide administrative support to Student Service and Academic teams in an accurate and time efficient manner.
- Maintain student detail database ensuring all addresses, passports and visa information are up to date.
- Scan and upload student documents in a timely manner (passports, address/excursion forms)
- Assist Management with other duties as required
- Manage emails and general correspondence in a timely manner
- Manage post arrival course changes, ensuring accurate information is entered into student database. Student reports and certificates.
- Assist with Reception, Social Programmes and general centre administration.
Qualifications and Training
- Secondary level of education
- Previous customer service and reception a plus
- Possess well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities using applications such as Microsoft Office, excel, power point
Knowledge and Skills
- Native level of written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Office keyboard and IT skills – word, excel, databases
- Attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Passion for customer service
- Cultural awareness
- Pro-active – initiative
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Applications should be submitted to Ms Iris Henig-Duncan, Student Services Manager.
Application deadline 20 June 2017