Deadline for applications: 1st November
Contract type: Full time, fixed term
Study Group Australia is a provider of Higher Education, Career Training and English language courses to Australian and International students. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Student Counsellor to join our team at Charles Sturt University, Study Centre Melbourne.
Reporting to the Student Engagement Manager, this role provides initial counselling support and deliver the student mental health educational program; promoting emotional, psychological and social well-being for our Students at Melbourne Campus:
- Provide professional counselling support and services to students
- Conduct initial risk assessment to support well-being and safety of students
- Refer student to external professional support services where required
- Work with Students from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Provide students with pastoral care but not clinical management
- Work through 1-1 counselling, group workshops and facilitation sessions
- Provide admin and reception support when required
The successful candidate must have;
- A bachelor degree or higher qualification in psychology and/or counselling
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a counsellor
- Membership/registration with professional bodies like ACA
- Excellent communication
- High emotional intelligence
- The ability to build genuine rapport and trust with the Students, Management and Colleagues
- Ability to follow organisational processes and requirements
- Ability to generate concise, informational reports to Management
- Demonstrable experience managing time and competing responsibilities
- Commitment and flexibility
- A holistic approach and a focus on well-being
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Other desirable characteristics include
- Experience working in an educational environment
- Knowledge of ESOS act
This is a full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months with potential to become permanent. There may be some travel required occasionally.
Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience
Great environment to support personal and professional development
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion for student wellbeing and to be part of a fast paced environment – a job at CSU Study Centre is for you!
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, statement addressing selection criteria and resume by Friday 1st November, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia permanently;
- This role requires a Working with Children Check, which must be gained at the successful candidate's own expense prior to appointment.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.