SQL Database Administrator
Closing date for applications: 12 June 2017
Study Group, a renowned global education company, is seeking an enthusiastic, well organised and experienced SQL Database Administrator to join it's IT team for a 9 month contract, with the possibility of becoming permanent. This role requires a DBA who can pro-actively work with both infrastructure and development teams to bridge the gap and ensure a robust and high performing, highly available SQL environment.
The role provides an exciting opportunity to evaluate and transform an existing global SQL footprint and set a new standard for the way in which the organization captures, stores, protects and leverages its data.
This position reports to the Global Head of Delivery and Architecture.
Experience and Skills
- Must have permission to work in Australia.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Experience with SQL Clustering and AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Experience with database tuning for performance
- Experience with SQL backup tuning, maintenance plans and disaster recovery.
- Experience upgrading to newer SQL versions.
- Experience managing database/server security and user access.
- Knowledge of replication
- Knowledge of SSIS, Reporting Services.
- Ability to perform database upgrades.
- Ability to perform service pack and update installations.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions would be desirable.
- A strong team player with the ability to work unsupervised and to work pro-actively.
- Documentation skills and the ability to educate and train others.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline 12 June 2016.