Social Science Teacher
Deadline for applications: 25th June
Contract type: 6 months Fixed Term with possibility of extension subject to increase in student numbers
At Taylors College, we put students at the heart of everything we do. Taylors College is a well-established, leading college in Australia and New Zealand. We provide world class, specialised programs in university preparation and secondary school education. With over 90 years of experience in the education industry, we have achieved unparalleled success in preparing students for their university study.
We are seeking a full time teacher for our University of Sydney Foundation Program. It is desirable that applicants have experience in Accounting and the teaching any of:
- Years 11 and 12 HSC Business Studies
The successful applicant will be part of a team of experienced HSIE teachers, teaching senior international students who are aiming for entry into undergraduate degrees at the University of Sydney.
- Prepare and deliver lessons in small class sizes of 25 to University of Sydney Foundation Program students and Y10 – 12 High School students (teaching time will be approximately 20 hours face to face per week)
- Create an environment conducive to student-centred learning through positive interaction with students
- Make recommendations to the Senior Lecturer and/or Program Leader on recommended program/subject enhancements and future direction, resulting from various sources of feedback
- Contribute to course and assessment material through suggestions and review
- Provide regular feedback to students to ensure progress towards subject outcomes
- Marking and review of assessment materials for subject taught
Experience and qualifications
- A Bachelor degree
- An Educational qualification in a relevant field (preferably Psychology, Counselling, Health, Social Sciences)
- Extensive recent clinical practice experience (preferably in clinical psychology or counselling)
- Previous teaching experience - Essential. Applications without formal teaching experience in a HSC or a Higher Education Institution within Australia will not be considered
Other desired skills / competencies
- NESA Accreditation
- Experience teaching senior international students
- Familiarity with Moodle
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion for education and be part of a fast paced environment – a job at Taylors College is for you!
For more information please visit www.taylorscollege.edu.au
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Applications should include a current WWCC number and the contact details of two referees.
Application closes on 25th June 2019
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.