Senior Pega Developer
Deadline for applications: 30th December
Contract type: Full time - Permanent
Senior Developer, Pega is a specialised application development and support role within the Global IT team. This role is equivalent to a Lead system architect role in the market. As a senior developer you will be responsible for the technical design of Pega platform related solutions, recommend and build technical solutions within a project or BAU maintenance releases. This is a technical role, providing the leadership and technical competence to deliver IT solutions built using Pega Infinity platform (cloud).
This role also involves technical leadership to work along with a global development team, architects, business analysts and the project manager/platform director. Hands on development, exceptional knowledge of software development practices is required in order to make sure the optimal solution is designed and that the developers work to the highest quality. Ensures that the technical solution design is well conceived in terms of application performance, scalability, maintainability, reliability, security and adherence to Enterprise IT standards.
- Solution design, build/configure, test and implement projects and maintenance releases.
- As a lead system architect, lead the technical aspects of Pega development for both projects, development and support.
- Perform high level technical impact assessments and estimate new requirements.
- Provide technical advice and monitor to software developers in the creation of solutions that are well designed and technically sound.
- Support the delivery of project(s) and BAU maintenance releases work on agree schedule with high quality.
- Definition, estimation and organisation of development tasks for the team.
- Work closely with members of the development team to ensure that the software design and implementation meets the architectural goals and quality standards.
- Reviewing code and systems solutions developed by system developers.
- Provide support to the business analysts, and other project team members, during functional requirements definition to ensure that functionality is both technically achievable and feasible within the project constraints
- Ability to work with multiple architects and the developers during early phase of a project or a release as required.
- Contributes to the development and/or review of future state application architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks.
- Understands and applies architecture principles in the context of a specific solution.
- Ensures that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Promotes innovation and continue to expand the performance of the supporting platform.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math or technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required
- 7-10 years of business process, systems and development experience in IT
- Strong technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Software / application design
- Minimum 4-6 years of development experience [similar to Pega Senior or Lead system architect]
- Deep understanding of design patterns and class structure concepts
- Pega integration using RESTful calls
- Pega certified/trained will be an added advantage
- Prior working experience in Pega cloud solution will be a plus
- Workflow and/or BPM solutions
- Systems architecture
- Systems integration
- Experience in working with Pega 8.1 (infinity) or any cloud version will be added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, systems security technology, Business Process Management technologies, Application Frameworks (for example Java/Microsoft)
- SQL knowledge in Oracle/MS SQL server/PostGres will be a plus
- Pega certifications
- Experience of complete software development lifecycle, delivering IT solutions over medium to complex implementations
- Experience of designing and estimating software solutions with demanding functional and non-functional requirements
- Proven experience as senior developer supporting and working with software development teams, ideally in a structured, medium to large-sized organisation
- Minimum 3-5 Pega implementation/development experience
- Knowledge of standard software development methodologies
- Client interaction experience, including experience of running workshops with clients
- Deep technical expertise in case management in Pega.
- Broad technical awareness covering cloud infrastructure, information architecture, software languages and frameworks, integration and reporting technologies.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.