Senior Governance Officer
Deadline for applications: 12 February
Contract Type: Permanent full time
Our vision is to create a better world through education. Our mission is to be the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with university teams who are as motivated as us to drive student success.
The role of the Senior Governance Officer is to coordinate the functions of the Study Group Australia academic and corporate governance frameworks, including the provision of governance and policy advice and analysis to committees and their stakeholders. Responsibilities include the coordination of the development, management, implementation and review of the Study Group Australia policy portfolio and related projects, to ensure the portfolio is responsive to applicable regulatory requirements and educational context. In addition, the Senior Governance Officer supports ongoing strategic project priorities of the Governance, Quality, Compliance and Risk portfolio. Stakeholder liaison at all levels of Study Group Australia’s business is a critical responsibility of the role.
- Coordinating allocated functions and initiatives under the Study Group Australia academic and corporate governance frameworks, including those designed to drive review and reform of Study Group Australia’s governance structures and systems.
- Providing specialist policy research, design, development, analysis and advice within a governance environment.
- Developing initiatives to support the effective conversion of regulatory and governance frameworks, including policy and procedure, into operational process and activities.
- Managing key priority and strategic projects for the Governance portfolio as directed.
- Fostering strong relationships and working collaboratively to support the development of a partnership approach between the Governance, Quality, Compliance and Risk portfolio, and all levels of Study Group Australia’s business.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as education management, policy, governance, business, project management, or 5+ years equivalent level experience
- Demonstrated experience in governance practice and policy development, and the provision of high level governance and policy analysis and advice.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing initiatives design to translate legislation and regulatory frameworks, including policy and procedure, into practice.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- An understanding of, or the capacity to quickly develop an understanding of, the policy process, governance arrangements and administrative decision-making in a higher education or public sector context.
- Demonstrated highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and present communications for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with key staff in large, complex, geographically-dispersed organisations at all levels, using high level negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, and highly developed organizational, planning, research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders with multiple viewpoints, on large or complex projects.
- Previous employment in the higher education/tertiary sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organization preferred but not essential.
- Experience of ANZ education industry regulations preferred but not essential.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
For more information about the role please contact Gemma Barber on email email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a view of starting someone ASAP so prompt applications are encouraged.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.