Senior Compliance Officer
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract Type: Permanent
Our vision is to create a better world through education. Our mission is to be the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with university teams who are as motivated as us to drive student success.
We will achieve this with highly engaged teams who will learn and grow at work so we drive student success, operational excellence and growth together, as one team.
The ‘Study Group Way’ provides six guiding principles to bring our strategy to life in our day-to-day work – student success, compliance focus, outside-in thinking, data-driven processes and insights, performance culture, and one team.
To contribute to the implementation of a compliance program across all facets of the business as directed. This work will support the continuous improvement and design of a suitable assurance, and risk management framework and set of controls across first and second lines of defence for SGA.
- This role assists with conducting internal reviews of business units to ensure compliance to applicable standards, regulatory obligations and legislative requirements.
- Liaises with all applicable business units to conduct systemic and periodic internal checks on the business function and identify if there are gaps between current operations and compliance requirements.
- Populates and records appropriate notes and information from reviews to manage record-keeping in line with established forms and processes.
- Helps conduct a dynamic annual compliance plan and contributes to improving this plan annually and from time to time as directed.
- This position may be called upon to implement changes arising from findings and recommendations from other major or minor internal or external reviews.
- The position provides guidance and technical advice to the compliance manager(s) and business unit heads in the preparation of major re-registration documentation such as course accreditation and regulatory compliance requirements (e.g. CRICOS registration) and affairs.
- An undergraduate qualification desired or equivalent work experience in a large complex business in a highly regulated environment.
- Recommended 2 - 5+ years’ experience in the higher education industry.
- Experience of project team work
- Experience of ANZ education industry regulations applicable to the international education sector
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Application deadline: 25 March 2020
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.