Partnership Development Manager
Deadline for applications: 5th January 2020
Contract type: Permanent - full time
Taylors College Perth is located at the UWA Claremont Campus, which offers an inspiring mix of historic buildings, green spaces and modern facilities. At Taylors College, we put students at the heart of everything we do. Taylors College is a well-established, leading college in Australia and New Zealand. We provide world class, specialised programs in university preparation and secondary school education. With over 90 years of experience in the education industry, we have achieved unparalleled success in preparing students for their university study.
We're looking for a dynamic, enterprising individual to achieve new student enrolment goals for Taylors College Perth, both onshore and across key markets. In this job you'll use your sales and business development skills to market our programs externally to our agent network, direct to schools and prospective students across all channels, as well as internally championing these programs to colleagues across the Study Group network and with The University of Western Australia (UWA). You will create and execute a sales action plan with UWA and internal teams, and become a course expert for Taylors College Perth, sharing your knowledge with colleagues across the business.
- Work with the Taylors College Perth, Marketing, Sales and Admissions teams to maximise the commercial potential of Taylors College Perth
- Develop and drive initiatives to improve operational efficiency of recruitment of students for Taylors College Perth via process, people or practical measures to raise the bar on business performance
- Develop strong working relationships with the University’s Brand, Marketing & Recruitment teams as well as Study Group Sales and Marketing, and Admissions teams
- Ensure timely College input into marketing and communication activities
- Drive new student enrolments (NSEs) from both agent and direct channels, with the aim of driving higher levels of conversion from application stage through to students arriving on campus
- Oversee all Taylors College Perth applications; undertake appropriate conversion activity with the aim of increasing NSE volumes (in conjunction with Sales & Marketing teams)
- Provide advocacy and follow-up on applications in source markets through contact with in-market SGA product managers, SGA Sales teams in market, and agents
- Increase engagement and collaboration with in-market and on-shore Sales teams, including travel to key source markets to support Sales activity as required
- Work closely with the UWA recruitment team to assist in the execution of strategies as outlined in the UWA Marketing & Recruitment Plan
- Collaborate with Brand, Marketing & Recruitment team at UWA and Student Experience team at Taylors College Perth to coordinate initiatives and opportunities to support student transition to and progression into University degree programmes
- As required, represent Taylors College Perth at Domestic and International fairs/exhibitions/interview programs in Perth; lead collaboration with Study Perth on opportunities to promote Taylors College Perth
- Collaborate with ANZ Marketing & Sales teams to ensure alignment with annual Marketing & Recruitment strategy for Taylor College Perth
- Actively monitor, respond, and initiate social media activity for the College
- Ensure College and University website content is up to date and accurate and liaise with the UWA and Study Group specialist teams as needed
Capabilities and experience required
- Tertiary educated (preferably in Business and/or Marketing)
- Fluency in English, and ideally a second language
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing ideally with exposure to an agency/indirect distribution and sales model
- A successful track record in delivering results and growth preferably in the education sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the international student marketplace
- A commercially astute recruitment, sales, marketing or business development professional with the ability to influence both internally and externally
- Strong self-motivation, with an ability to solve problems and deliver on outcomes
- Results oriented with the ability to successfully deliver on sales, financial and customer satisfaction outcomes
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
For more information please visit www.taylorscollege.edu.au
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, statement addressing selection criteria and resume by 5th January, 2020 on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.