National Operations Director
Deadline for applications: 31st July
Contract type: full time
More and more students in emerging nations are looking outside their home country for quality education that will give them a life-changing career advantage. This continual growth within international education provides great career opportunities.
Study Group Australia is a provider of Higher Education, Career Training and English language courses to Australian and International students. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a National Operations Director to join our team at Charles Sturt University, Study Centres.
Reporting to the Head of Charles Sturt University Study Centres, the National Operations Director is accountable for the effective and compliant delivery of the student administration, student / corporate finance, library and campus based functions and processes consistently across the Study Centres. This position oversees the campus managers to ensure that all Charles Sturt University Study Centre students have an exceptional experience from orientation through to graduation, focussing on the non-academic experience, reacting to general satisfaction with Study Centres as a learning environment; and for support services such as activities relating to student events, career planning, well-being activities and the counselling, service. S/he also ensures that all the campus facilities are regularly maintained and meet WHS requirements:
The key responsibilities of the National Operations Director role include but not limited to:
- Student Administration & Finance
- Student Experience & Welfare
- Campus Facilities Management
- Ensuring the Study Centres’ libraries operate under the SG-Charles Sturt University Library Services Agreement and are appropriately resourced to meet the learning needs
- of students
- Relationship Management
- People leadership & Change management
- Work Health, Safety & Welfare Requirements
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor level qualification in a relevant area
- 10+ years’ experience in managing a complex set of functions across multiple locations, preferably in commercially driven environment
- Experience in facilities management and managing WHS activities
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets
- Resilience, maturity, ability and growth mind set to operate in a large matrix organization
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry with a complex stakeholder context
- Experience in supervising staff and leading a team
- Experience in managing student services
- Experience in events management
- Experience using data to identify business/financial risks and opportunities and providing recommendations to address them
- Corporate and regulatory reporting experience
- Process reengineering and continuous improvement experience
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
Key knowledge / skills required:
- Develops positive rapport and confidence with external and internal stakeholders
- Capable of responding quickly and appropriately to student critical incidents
- Demonstrated knowledge of or ability to quickly learn the student experience requirements for international students including those specified in the National Code of Practice (2018);
- Willingness to be accountable for and participate in student events on and off campus
- Superior organisational, communication and problem solving abilities
- Customer-centric & continuous improvement mind set
- Data-driven with strong attention to detail
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience
- Supportive team
- Great environment to support personal and professional development
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion to be part of a fast-paced environment – a job at CSU Study Centre is for you!
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, statement addressing selection criteria and resume by 31st July, 2020.
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia permanently;
- This role requires a Working with Children Check, which must be gained at the successful candidate's own expense prior to appointment.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.