National Business, Assurance & Strategy Director, Charles Sturt University
Deadline for applications: 31st July
Contract type: full time
More and more students in emerging nations are looking outside their home country for quality education that will give them a life-changing career advantage. This continual growth within international education provides great career opportunities.
Study Group Australia is a provider of Higher Education, Career Training and English language courses to Australian and International students. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a National Business, Assurance & Strategy Director to join our team.
Reporting to the Head of Charles Sturt University Study Centres, the National Business, Assurance & Strategy Director is accountable for supporting the overall business management and continued improvement of the Charles Sturt University Study Centres, with a focus on business planning/reporting, business intelligence & strategic analysis and operational support. This is a majority “hands on” senior individual contributor role:
The key responsibilities of the National Business, Assurance & Strategy Director role include but not limited to:
- Operational Efficiency
- Relationship management
- People leadership & Change management
- Work Health, Safety & Welfare Requirements
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor level qualification ideally in business or finance
- 10+ years’ experience in business analysis, strategy, operations, and/or project management
- Experience using data to identify business/financial risks and opportunities and providing recommendations to address them
- Resilience, maturity, ability and growth mindset to operate in a large matrix organization
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry with a complex stakeholder context
- Experience in higher education desirable but not essential
- Experience in supervising staff directly or matrixed in a large geographically dispersed national team
- Experience in budget management and corporate planning Governance, Risk Management and Assurance experience
- Corporate and regulatory reporting experience
- Process reengineering and continuous improvement experience
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
Key knowledge / skills required:
- Develops positive rapport and confidence with external and internal stakeholders
- Self-led/strong self-initiative
- Adaptable and resilient with good change/mental agility
- Strong Project Management capability
- Superior organisational, communication and problem solving abilities
- Customer-centric & continuous improvement mind set
- Data-driven with strong attention to detail
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience
- Supportive team
- Great environment to support personal and professional development
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion to be part of a fast-paced environment – a job at CSU Study Centre is for you!
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, statement addressing selection criteria and resume by 31st July, 2020.
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia permanently;
- This role requires a Working with Children Check, which must be gained at the successful candidate's own expense prior to appointment.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.