Deadline for applications: 14th June
Contract type: Full time / permanent
Salary: $80,500 plus superannuation per annum, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Study Group Australia (SGA) operates the Charles Sturt University (CSU) Study Centres in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane in partnership with CSU. CSU and Study Group are committed to providing outstanding educational opportunities for students at our Study Centres. The approved CSU courses delivered at the Study Centres include undergraduate and postgraduate courses in information technology, accounting and business leading to the award of a CSU qualification.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Library Manager to join our Charles Sturt University Study Centre team in Melbourne. The Manager, Library primary responsible for the planning, implementation, evaluation and the day-to-day operations of library services which enhance the high satisfaction and success rate of students at Melbourne campus
The appointees must meet the eligibility requirements for appointment as an adjunct staff member of Charles Sturt University.
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the Library, including leading and/or delivering Library-wide projects and initiatives
- Lead staff who will provide support to library services including casuals if required
- Order and catalogue books and any other resource required
- Oversee the daily operation of the library and front desk
- Prepare booklist for each term
- Process borrowing and returns
- Preparing and presenting orientation and library/research skills workshops including assisting students with academic research work
- Contribute and improve on campus student library experience
- Promote team culture in line with the organizational values
- Ensure compliance is adhered to in relation to accordance to the ESOS act
- Support financial processing and handling of Library resource
- You will also work in close partnership with the CSU libraries located at CSU’s regional campuses
- General administration duties as required
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Services or a related field
- Experience working in a library in Higher Education environment
- Experience servicing international students
- Strong skills of computer systems management and library databases e.g. ALMA and Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in administrative staff management
- Experience working in a Higher Education environment
- Experience servicing international students
- Sound skills in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook) and databases
- High level administration and organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience handling customer queries
- Problem solving skills
- Confident liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full understanding of ESOS act
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications
We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia permanently;
This role requires a Working with Children Check, which must be gained at the successful candidate's own expense prior to appointment.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, statement addressing selection criteria and resume by midnight, Friday 14th June, 2019.
Please send your application to Azeem Mohammad – Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.