Deadline for applications: 1st November
Contract type: Full time, permanent
At Taylors College, we put students at the heart of everything we do. Taylors College is a well-established, leading college in New Zealand and Australia. We provide world class, specialised programs in university preparation and secondary school education. With over 90 years of experience in the education industry, we have achieved unparalleled success in preparing students for their university study.
Taylors College is seeking a Library manager for their Auckland campus. As an experienced librarian, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the Taylors College Auckland library in order to support student learning. You will adhere to the Study Group library services agreement. You will be required to ensure the processes and procedures implemented in the library are based on policy and practices that are conducive to library best-practices and a safe and functional workplace.
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the Library, including leading and/or delivering Library-wide projects and initiatives
- Oversee the daily operation of the library and ensure the library is operated and resourced per requirements of the Study Group Agreement for higher education requirements
- Lead staff who will provide support to library services including casuals if required
- Order and catalogue books and any other resource required
- Prepare booklist for each term
- Maintain monthly borrowing and circulation statistical data
- Oversee and work on the issue/return desk
- Conduct an annual stock-take of all library resources held on campus, including stock-take reports
- Support financial processing and maintain library resources / equipment
- Prepare and present orientation and library/research skills workshops including assisting students with academic research work
- Contribute and improve on campus student library experience and foster a culture of customer service excellence.
- Promote team culture in line with the organizational values
- General administration duties as required
- A tertiary qualification in Library and Information Services management
- Experience in managing a library or a functional area of a library
- Knowledge and understanding of the Dewey decimal number system
- Knowledge of library management systems, such as Softlink ‘Oliver 3.5’ or equivalent
- Experience in staff management
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry specific best practice and research relevant to the role.
- High level knowledge of library databases and search engines and the ability to train staff and students in their usage
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective communication, consultation, collaboration and teamwork with students, staff, and the wider college community.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to produce reports and manage a budget.
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience
- Vibrant Auckland location
- Great environment to support personal and professional development
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion for education and be part of a fast paced environment – a job at Taylors College is for you!
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, statement addressing selection criteria and resume by Friday 1st November, 2019
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in New Zealand permanently;
- Study Group is an equal opportunity employer
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.