Learning Hub Coordinator
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract Type: Fixed Term / Part Time 12 months contract
At Taylors College, we put students at the heart of everything we do. Taylors College is a well-established, leading college in Australia and New Zealand. We provide world class, specialised programs in university preparation and secondary school education. With over 90 years of experience in the education industry, we have achieved unparalleled success in preparing students for their university study.
Taylors College Perth is seeking a Part Time Learning Hub Coordinator for a 12 months contract. The Learning Hub is an area which hosts the library, study areas and student break out areas with regular workshops and activities to add to the student experience. Reporting to the Campus Business Manager, the coordinator is responsible for maintaining a professional environment, supporting students and colleagues in the HUB and administrating the Learning Management System.
The key responsibilities of the Learning Hub Coordinator role are:
- Maintain a presence in The Hub and ensure students are using it in a responsible manner
- Manage the storing and loaning of media equipment to students and operation of The Hub booking system
- Assist students with their enquiries related to using The Hub facilities
- Assist staff in the promotion, setting up and running of student events held in the HUB; orientation, guest speakers, competitions and other events
- Maintain a professional, safe, clean and welcoming environment to receive students, prospective students, parents, agents and other visitors
- Recommend changes/improvements to The Hub facilities and operation
- Assist students using the automated library checkout system
- Manage the acquisition process for new library stock
- Recruit and manage a student volunteer Hub Crew in liaison with the Student Services & Employability Coordinators
- Train all new students using the online library resources and the Learning management system (LMS)
- Archive previous courses on the LMS and duplicate the new courses at the start of each teaching cycle
- Source, upload and transfer teaching videos to current courses as advised by teaching staff
- Assist the Learning Systems Manager to test all new plug-ins and upgrades where required
- Assist with any other reasonable campus duties as required by the Senior Leadership Team
- Diploma / Certificate at Level 4 or extensive experience working in library or student support environment
- Experience of working with young adults
- Experience of working with second language speakers
- Current Working With Children Check
- Experience of working with library systems
- Experience of using learning management systems
Knowledge / skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary environment
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion for education and be part of a fast paced environment – a job at Taylors College is for you!
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, statement addressing selection criteria and resume by 15th December, 2019
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia permanently;
- Study Group is an equal opportunity employer
- For more information please visit www.taylorscollege.edu.au
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.