IT Services Specialist
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Part Time - 20 hours per week
Study Group, a renowned global education company, is seeking an enthusiastic, well organised, and IT savvy person with excellent communication skills and IT support experience to join its IT team in the role of IT Services Specialist.
This role would see the successful applicant providing a range of IT services to our staff and students, and would involve assisting with the management of all IT infrastructure from Desktops to Servers and Local Area Network Infrastructure at our Flinders International Study Center. The support role is varied and can be challenging at times and would suit a passionate, customer focused person with the ability to work autonomously. A high degree of initiative and ownership with a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done is essential in this role.
The successful applicant will require methodical problem solving ability and will need to be proficient in Microsoft applications. Strong customer service, Service Desk, troubleshooting and networking skills are important.
This position reports to the IT Services Team Leader
- Must have permission to work in Australia.
- At least Diploma level IT qualified.
- 3+ Months IT support and service experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills, technologies, and systems.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Group Policy, Active Directory, Windows Server 2008/12/16, Exchange 2010, and Backup processes is essential.
- Experience supporting servers, desktops, laptops and other peripherals (Dell, HP).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop products (Windows 7/10 and Office 2016)
- A proficiency in networking and troubleshooting (HP, Cisco Meraki).
- Experience with VMware environments would be advantageous
- Highly customer focused, with an understanding of modern service delivery techniques (ITIL knowledge would be an advantage)
- A strong team player with the ability to work pro-actively and unsupervised.
- Documentation skills and the ability to educate and train others.
To discuss ahead of application, please contact the Centre Director, Jennie Hayes, email: JHayes@studygroup.com, phone: +61 8 7201 4151.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.