IT Services Specialist
Deadline for applications: N/A
An exciting opportunity has opened up as IT Services Specialist based on the ANU campus. This role would see the successful applicant providing a range of IT services to our staff and students, and would involve assisting with the management and support of all IT infrastructure from Desktops to Servers and Local Area Network Infrastructure at our ANU College campus location.
Reporting to the IT Services Team Leader, this support role is varied and can be challenging at times and would suit a passionate, customer-focused person with the ability to work as part of a team. A high degree of initiative, with a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, is essential in this role.
The successful applicant will require methodical problem-solving ability and will need to be proficient in Microsoft applications. Strong customer service, desktop support, Service Desk and troubleshooting skills are important.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Products (Windows 7/10, and Office 2010 to 365)
- Ability to work with and support Microsoft server products (Windows Server 2008 to 2019)
- Knowledge of Group Policy, Active Directory, Exchange 2016, VMware, and Backup processes
- Experience supporting servers, desktops, laptops and other peripherals (preferably Dell)
- Highly customer-focused, with an understanding of modern service delivery techniques (ITIL knowledge and ServiceNow experience would be an advantage)
- A strong team player with the ability to work unsupervised and to work pro-actively
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Documentation skills and the ability to educate and train others
Candidates for this role should ideally be able to address the following selection criteria:
- At least Diploma level IT qualified
- 12 Months + IT support and service experience
- Legal work rights for Australia
- Have a current WWCC (Working with Children Check)
Study Group is the leading provider of international education. We work with universities all around the world, employing people in 36 locations across five continents. We partner with more universities than any other pathway provider, and the highest number of top-200-ranked universities in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We are the most established name in our industry.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so we will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.