HR Advisor - Part-Time
Deadline for applications: 5th February
Our vision is to create a better world through education. Our mission is to be the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with university teams who are as motivated as us to drive student success.
We will achieve this with highly engaged teams who will learn and grow at work so we drive student success, operational excellence and growth together, as one team.
This flexible part-time role represents an ideal opportunity to obtain client-facing HR experience whilst also developing a more technical understanding of project and change management across the HR lifecycle:
To provide tactical and operational HR advice to management and staff in defined client groups so that people issues are addressed in a proactive and effective manner.
To manage and support the delivery of key projects across the HR annual lifecycle.
Provide additional resource to HR Business Partners for major project deliverables.
Operational HR (30%)
- Provide operational and transactional HR support on a range of functions to Line Managers in a range of business areas.
- Provide additional capacity for the HR Business Partner.
The main focus will be on:
- Case management of a range of non-complex individual employee relations matters ensuring consistent, good quality practice.
- Guiding and supporting first-line manager in the recruitment and selection of staff, ensuring compliance to safer recruitment processes and the accurate tracking of vacancies against budget.
- Supporting the delivery of annual people processes (such as performance management, employee engagement surveys) within the allocated client base.
- Supporting the delivery of an effective HR Information and reporting system, ensuring the quality and compliance of people-related data.
- Providing first-line advice on HR policies and procedures.
HR Projects (50%)
- Either alone, or with guidance from HR Business Partner, prepare plans for the implementation of key HR projects. Some of these may be one-off events whereas others will be recurring events.
- One-off events may include wide scale organisation restructuring, new Centre launches, new HR “product” launches such as the launch of our new online performance management system.
- Recurring events will include annual performance management process, compensation and bonus reviews, annual HR policy reviews.
- The jobholder will take sole ownership of the UK Apprenticeship Scheme and UK Management Training Programme.
- In addition, the job holder will be requested to undertake research/analysis/preparation work to support the HRD with wider business projects which require a high degree of HR support and input.
Support the delivery of compliance initiatives designed to ensure that the business is meeting its regulatory and inspection obligations.
- Prior experience of working as an HR Advisor in a busy, and/or ER-heavy environment would be advantageous.
- HR experience in Higher Education and/or government highly regarded
- Experience of using HR systems and managing data
- Numerate and competent in the use of Excel to undertake basic data analysis
- Delivery focussed – can work to deadlines as required.
- Maintains focus under pressure, even when confronted with multiple priorities.
- Builds confidence with colleagues and clients by taking ownership of issues and providing prompt resolution where possible.
- Able to develop and manage relationships with first-line managers
- Working knowledge of the UK employment law environment.
- Demonstrates methodical and logical approach, pays attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills – knows when to escalate issues or seek additional guidance.
- Excellent administrative and written communication skills, and experience of drafting professional documents and letters.
- Demonstrate numeracy skills and ability to analyse data for basic trends and/or identification of errors.
- Collaborative, and able to work with HR colleagues in the UK and global team to deliver on programmes and projects.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.