Head of Technology and Educational Innovation
Deadline for applications: 15th June
Contract type: Full time/permanent
At Taylors College, we put students at the heart of everything we do. Taylors College is a well-established, leading college in Australia and New Zealand. We provide world class, specialised programs in university preparation and secondary school education. With over 90 years of experience in the education industry, we have achieved unparalleled success in preparing students for their university study.
Taylors College is seeking a Head of Technology and Educational Innovation for their Waterloo campus, Sydney. As the HOD, you will be a leader of innovation to support a whole of college approach to digital technology.
The successful applicant will lead a team of experienced IT teachers, teaching senior international students who are aiming for entry to undergraduate degrees at the University of Sydney. The successful applicant must also be able to demonstrate leadership experience, be an excellent classroom teacher, be adept at using technology in the classroom and have proven ability to motivate students and staff to succeed.
- Assist teachers to develop effective classroom management techniques
- Monitor teaching loads
Call and preside over faculty meetings to ensure effective teaching of appropriate programs
- Monitor and improve standards of teaching
- Make recommendations on class allocation in their Department
- Ensure that teaching programs conform to NESA and Foundation standards
- Approve subject-specific excursions, ensuring relevant risk assessment is forwarded to WH&S Chairperson and excursion supervisors include those with current first aid qualifications
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation, improvement and review of curriculum
- Supervise the internal assessment of the subject area
- Ensure consistency and unbiased marking of assessments and examinations
- Maintain data and reporting on student progress as required
- Organise teacher “buddy system” for the purpose of report checking within the Faculty
- Procure resources for the teaching programs within the department as well as for the Library
- Monitor student progress
- Adhere to course progress intervention strategies for failing students as per College policy
- Contribute to the Taylors quality improvement process
- Attend Academic Committee meetings
- Undertake other duties, as required
Essential selection criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT with educational qualifications
- Professional experience in education preferable to HSC level
- Well-developed communication skills
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and proven abilities in managing teams
- Demonstrated capability to assist teachers in effectively and appropriately integrating ICT into teaching and learning
- Familiarisation with innovative and emerging strategies and technologies
- Experiencing in developing a whole of school approach to ICT
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion for education and be part of a fast paced environment – a job at Taylors College is for you!
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.