Finance Transformation Lead
Deadline for applications: N/A
Study Group are looking for a Finance Transformation Manager to lead on our payroll and data clean-up projects. Both projects are underway and will require the candidate to establish themselves quickly and understand the scope.
The purpose of this lead will be to define and maintain project plans and ensure deliverables are met.
Study Group has a matrix structure so critically, it will be responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders at all levels (internally and externally) in order to ensure project timelines and benefits cases are delivered.
This role will have significant autonomy to drive the necessary activities to deliver the project ‘end state’. Engaging with Heads of Departments, University Partners, and relevant resources in IT and SG Operations
Contract type: Full time, permanent
- Assist in the preparation of Business Cases for improvement ideas
- Lead and manage project activities across functions to project deadlines and benefits realisation
- Prepare planning documents and relevant project documents to ensure the efficient running of the project
- Communicate/Present to Steering Committee, key stakeholders/customers throughout the project life cycle
- Negotiate priorities and solutions with stakeholders to maximise benefits to Study Group
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities that will deliver tangible benefits to SG Finance and/or the wider organisation
- Establish performance measures to track the relative success of the project
- Manage project risks to protect deliverables
- Design simple and standard processes to optimise efficiency
- Tertiary Education in a recognised institution
- At least 2 years of project management experience
- Delivery of projects within a finance environment (preferred)
- Understanding of financial data, reconciliation, problems of controls caused by system interfaces etc (preferred.)
- Experience of projects involving ERP or finance/payroll systems.
- Track record in delivering complex projects with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Team management and leadership
- Able to work autonomously and drive outcomes through others
- Outstanding prioritisation skills, sharp analytical ability and astute commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence across a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong time management skills and the ability to achieve deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to build relationships at all levels of an organisation, both upwards and downwards
- Effective decision making and problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage change effectively
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled students from all over the world. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Confidential enquiries or requests for a copy of the duty statement can be obtained.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications. SGA is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants with the right of work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.