Closing date for applications: 16th May 2017
Study Group Australia is a provider of Higher Education, Career Training and English language courses to Australian and International students. We are seeking an energetic personality to help invigorate and bring to life the Darlinghurst student experience.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for development and delivery of all student events, this includes:
- Co-ordination and delivery of the CSU event calendar, including orientation, awards gala evening and social events.
- Full ownership of the events process; idea creation, liaising with suppliers, attendees and key speakers, troubleshooting, coordination and successful running of events.
- Management of the events budget and student insurance requirements.
- Development of social media content.
- Coordination of the Student Representative Council.
The successful applicant will have 12-18 months demonstrated experience in an events based role. Experience in an education environment would be advantageous, although it is not mandatory.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A strong attention to detail and be highly organised with the ability to multi task.
- Solid experience delivering events in a similar industry or with a similar audience.
- Excellent communication skills, personal presentation and interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with young adults.
- Working with children check (employee) Certification
- Strong marketing and computer skills.
- A flexible approach to working hours
Qualifications and Training
- Qualification in event management, post-secondary or similar desired.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please email your resume and covering letter to: Alysha Bragil, Student Services and Welfare Manager, Study Group Australia
Application deadline: 16th May 2017
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia to be eligible for this position. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.