Deputy Academic Director
Closing date for applications: 15 May 2017
Study Group Australia (SGA) operates the Charles Sturt University (CSU) Study Centres in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane in partnership with CSU. CSU and Study Group are committed to providing outstanding educational opportunities for students at our Study Centres. The approved CSU courses delivered at the Study Centres include undergraduate and postgraduate courses in information technology, accounting and business leading to the award of a CSU qualification.
The Melbourne Study Centre is currently seeking academic staff members to assist in the delivery and management of the Business, Accounting and Information Technology programs and to undertake teaching within these programs.
The appointees must meet the eligibility requirements for appointment as an adjunct staff member of Charles Sturt University.
This position is permanent full-time, and there may be some travel required occasionally.
- Provides academic leadership for the delivery of CSU courses, liaises with staff at CSU to ensure the maintenance of the highest quality programs and services at the Study Centre and manages educational and delivery standards in accordance with the requirements of regulatory and professional bodies and CSU standards. The Deputy Academic Director works collaboratively with Academic Director, administrative staff and management at CSU Study Centre, Melbourne to ensure comparability of experience with that centre and other CSU campuses
- Teach on the undergraduate and postgraduate programs – it is expected that around 3 - 4 hours per week teaching will be undertaken per session; and
- Manage the courses by undertaking various administration and program management duties
- A more detailed Job Accountabilities Statement is available upon request.
The successful candidate must
- Hold at least a Master's degree in a relevant field; (PhD qualification is preferred but not essential)
- Ability to think and act strategically
- A profile of teaching leadership and ability to develop an effective and collaborative team
- Ability to provide leadership to academic staff
- Demonstrate successful teaching in the discipline at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the Australian Higher Education sector for at least 5 years
- Have experience in teaching International students
- Experience in course administration and management
- Has a proven ability to effectively undertake managerial activities within a higher education environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning in Higher Education
- An effective manager of Academic budgets and financial resources
- Outcomes orientated.
Other desirable characteristics include
- Experience in delivering educational programmes to international students
- Potential to develop strong links with professional bodies and industry
- Experience in collaborative research
- This position is permanent full-time, and there may be some travel required occasionally.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Ali Syed, Academic Director.
Application deadline 12pm Monday 15th May
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia permanently
- This role requires a Working with Children Check, which must be gained at the successful candidate's own expense prior to appointment.