Course Coordinator - Information Technology
Deadline for applications: 30th September
Contract type: Permanent, full time
IT Course Coordinator
Charles Sturt University Study Centre, Melbourne
The CSU Melbourne Study Centre is currently seeking academic staff members to assist in the delivery and coordination of the Information Technology programs and to undertake teaching within these programs.
The appointees must meet the eligibility requirements for appointment as an adjunct staff member of Charles Sturt University.
The course coordinators will:
- Teach on the undergraduate and postgraduate programs – it is expected that around 6-9 hours per week teaching will be undertaken per session
- Manage the courses by undertaking various administration and program management duties
The successful candidates must:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrate successful teaching in the discipline at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the Australian Higher Education sector
- Have experience in teaching International students
- Have superior communication and problem-solving abilities
Other desirable characteristics include:
- Professional Membership
- Higher research degree completion or enrolment
- Experience in course administration and student enrolment
- Knowledge of overseas educational qualifications
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicants. These positions are permanent full-time, and also there may be some travel required occasionally.
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, statement addressing selection criteria and resume by 30th September, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia permanently;
- This role requires a Working with Children Check, which must be gained at the successful candidate's own expense prior to appointment.
- SG is an equal opportunity employer
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.