Deadline for applications: 24th September
Contract type: 12 month Contract
Our vision is to create a better world through education. Our mission is to be the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with university teams who are as motivated as us to drive student success. We will achieve this with highly engaged teams who will learn and grow at work so we drive student success, operational excellence and growth together, as one team.
The ‘Study Group Way’ provides six guiding principles to bring our strategy to life in our day-to-day work – student success, compliance focus, outside-in thinking, data-driven processes and insights, performance culture, and one team.
The purpose of this role is to provide expert complex technical advice and support to senior management in relation to the SGA higher education assurance, risk and compliance function across all SGA brands and partner universities.
- To assist with the coordination of the work of the team members in the compliance unit;
- To assist in the development, and implementation of a systematic programme of assurance and compliance review activities as they pertain to higher education businesses across the student lifecycle, and as provided for in the Assurance Framework approved by the Board of Directors;
- To oversee the consultation with Responsible Officers by business function and the timely implementation of the Annual Compliance Plan process across SGA brands and university partner businesses;
- Produce findings from Annual Compliance Plan reports by unit in a manner to support the continuous improvement of business unit operations in compliance areas, and to work through the Head, GQC to ensure material findings for rectification are followed-through in the appropriate forums and processes;
- Assist with, implementing, or providing contribution to, and advice on the continuous improvement of existing Management Controls within the Assurance Framework (e.g. updated policy, updating the Risk Register or the Internal Audit workplan or Control Self-Assessment documents arising from Annual Compliance Plan findings), or any other recommendations for new Controls;
- Assist with, provide technical contributions to Minor and Major Internal and External Reviews in collaboration with other members of the Assurance Group, and assist business units with rectification works, as required;
- Proactively liaise with all educational business units of SGA in formal and informal forums in order to understand or be exposed to the operations of the business and to know where the non-compliance risk areas are;
- Assist senior management with assuring third party arrangements with partner universities are compliant with TEQSA guidance notes, university policy and contractual obligations;
- Assist senior management with capturing, reporting, analysing and preparing the corporate Risk Register to reflect the material compliance risks in the SGA business;
- Be a source of confidence and truth in regards to the provision and/or dissemination of advice, training and support to educational business units and SGA Responsible
- Officers on compliance matters in response to ad-hoc requests from the business units, but also in a planned manner through the Annual Compliance PLan;
- Ensure statutory data reporting requirements are met in a timely fashion, and;
- Be the senior point of contact within the compliance unit on behalf of the Head, Governance, Quality and Compliance for liaising with the external regulatory bodies through established means of interaction and routine communications and for routine purposes (e.g. TEQSA portal and notifications, Ombudsman HEIMS and other statutory provision of data, reporting, regulatory applications, in conformance with relevant legislation, etc.).
- An undergraduate qualification required or equivalent work experience; or
- A postgraduate qualification or credential(s) in higher education or compliance desirable
- A thorough understanding of the regulatory framework for education providers in Australia and New Zealand, including:
- NVR Act 2011, and
- TEQSA Act 2011, and
- Higher Education Support Act 2003, and
- National Code 2018, and
- ESOS Framework.
- Demonstrated extensive expertise in collaboratively working in a complex organisation to ensure the regulatory compliance of Higher Education providers
- Significant experience in senior compliance roles with Higher Education providers
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory environment and provider processes which apply to higher education providers in Australia and New Zealand
- Extensive experience leading and / or working with assurance teams in a complex higher education business
- An ability to work to senior management and executive, possessing suitable judgment, verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex, technical regulatory and compliance matters to the audienceAbout Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Application deadline - Tuesday 24th September.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.