College Director - CSU Study Centres
Deadline for applications: January 3rd
Contract type: full time permanent
Our vision is to create a better world through education. Our mission is to be the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with university teams who are as motivated as us to drive student success. We will achieve this with highly engaged teams who will learn and grow at work so we drive student success, operational excellence and growth together, as one team.
The ‘Study Group Way’ provides six guiding principles to bring our strategy to life in our day-to-day work – student success, compliance focus, outside-in thinking, data-driven processes and insights, performance culture, and one team.
A rare and exciting opportunity has opened up in our Australian / New Zealand senior leadership team as College Director - Study Centres. We are looking for a highly strategic and commercial leader to oversee our CSU Study Centres, who will drive operational excellence and continuous improvement in the experience and success of our students.
- Provide strong and positive leadership to our three CSU Study Centres across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, both strategic and operational.
- Offer exceptional people and change leadership, driving a continuous improvement agenda focused on operational excellent and student outcomes.
- Engage collaboratively within and across Study Group to ensure alignment in driving successful outcomes for students, the University and staff.
- Maintain a strong and positive relationship with the University that is built on engagement, collaboration and partnership.
- Ensure the Study Centres operate within recognised principles, standards and protocols governing the education sector, taking accountability for the ongoing development and implementation of a quality assurance framework encompassing all aspects of CSU Study Centre operations.
- Oversee and ensure preparation for periodic audits of the CSU Study Centre’s by external authorities, including Government reviews of the education sector.
- Contribute as a collaborative, constructive and proactive member of the Study Group Leadership team within ANZ.
- Build and maintain strong and effective internal and external relationships that promote the Study Centre’s national and international profile.
- Ensure that safe and healthy work practices are followed and that University policies and procedures, relevant work standards and statutory obligations are complied with.
Experience / attributes required
- Demonstrated experience leading transformational change in a complex, internal matrix environment and in a heavily regulated sector.
- A strong track record of success in people leadership with experience leading large and diverse teams and driving a positive, people-centric culture.
- A broad, general management skillset shaped in a commercial context, ideally a multi-site setting.
- Demonstrated success driving operational improvements that have resulted in positive outcomes both for customers and financially.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to drive change through influence not just authority in the context of multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Team player who collaborates across peer group to drive company-wide outcomes.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with a data-driven approach.
- A passion for customer experience with a strong appreciation for the importance of robust governance and compliance in a highly regulated sector.
- A track record of problem-solving, resilience and enabling others to navigate challenges to successfully drive change.
- An academic background in the higher education sector is desirable but not essential.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Application deadline Friday 3rd January 2020
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.