Assistant Company Secretary
Deadline for applications: N/A
Our vision is to create a better world through education. Our mission is to be the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with university teams who are as motivated as us to drive student success.
We will achieve this with highly engaged teams who will learn and grow at work so we drive student success, operational excellence and growth together, as one team.
The ‘Study Group Way’ provides six guiding principles to bring our strategy to life in our day-to-day work – student success, compliance focus, outside-in thinking, data-driven processes and insights, performance culture, and one team.
The role of the Assistant Company Secretary is to coordinate the functions of the Study Group Australia academic and corporate secretariat. Responsibilities include the coordination of the annual meeting calendar and logistical arrangements, preparation and distribution of meeting packs, and the preparation of minutes.
The Assistant Company Secretary will carry responsibility for:
Delivery of an integrated and valued secretariat service to the governing bodies and committees of Study Group Australia, its entities and business partners;
- Developing initiatives to support continuous improvement in the delivery of secretariat services to Study Group Australia and its entities and business partners;Fostering strong relationships and working collaboratively to support the development of a partnership approach between the Governance, Quality, Compliance and Risk portfolio and all levels of Study Group Australia’s business.
- Coordinating the scheduling and event management of meetings listed in the annual corporate and academic meeting calendars
- Liaising with board and committee chairs to develop, prepare and distribute agenda and meeting packs
- Providing support to the business and education units of Study Group Australia in preparing submissions and drafting resolutions
- Recording, preparing and distributing minutes
- Maintaining the academic and corporate decision registers
- Liaising with the business and education units of Study Group Australia to ensure actions arising from meetings are addressed
- Ensuring the provision of secretariat services is aligned with the Study Group Australia’s governance, quality, compliance, risk and assurance frameworks
- Monitor, evaluate and report on initiatives designed to improve the provision of secretariat services, and ensure achievement of the desired level of service
- Support the review and amendment of board and committee terms of reference as required
Board and Committee Induction, Professional Development and Performance Evaluation
- Support the Governance team specifically and the Governance, Quality, Compliance and Risk team more broadly in the development and delivery of induction and professional development programs for the Board of Directors, and other boards and committees as required
- Contribute to the design, development and delivery of the annual Board of Directors Performance Assessment and Evaluation exercise
- Independently build and maintain constructive working relationships with key senior internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a cohesive link between the Governance, Quality, Compliance and Risk portfolio, and the business and education operations units of SGA, in relation to governance initiatives, particularly the provision of secretariat services
- Maintain current knowledge of governance requirements, trends and emerging issues of interest to the governing bodies and committees of Study Group Australia, its entities and business partners
- Liaise regularly with Governance stakeholders to ensure achievement of objectives
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as education, law, governance or business, or 3+ years equivalent relevant experience
- Recognised certification in governance and/or compliance practice preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high-level academic and corporate secretariat support across a range of board and committee functions
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and manage competing demands
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly developed communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with key staff in large, complex, geographically-dispersed organisations at all levels, using well developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated high personal and professional standards in relation to issues of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience in using a range of software platforms including Microsoft Office and Adobe suites
- Previous employment in the higher education/tertiary sector or with a complex, multi-faceted organisation preferred but not essential
- Experience of ANZ education industry regulations preferred but not essential
For more information please contact Gemma Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Application deadline: 24 March 2020
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.