Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent full time role
We are seeking a motivated and energetic individual to add to the CSU Melbourne Study Centre finance team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as the Assistant Bursar you will be responsible for processing student fees including invoicing/receipting, calculation and preparation of refunds, processing scholarship payments, processing payroll and follow-up on outstanding fees and banking. You will also be responsible for coding of accounts payable invoices and working within company control procedures. This position is suited to a person who enjoys a fast paced environment with a focus on face to face customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your financial and customer service skills while working in a friendly environment that supports personal and professional development.
The applicant must address the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar
- Experience in an accounts payable and receivable functions
- Experience in payroll processing
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated skills in use of financial and database systems
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a busy team environment
- Demonstrated experience in policy adherence and implementation
- Familiarity with the international education sector
- Sensitivity to students from other cultures
Experience working at tertiary education environment
Hands-on experience in dealing with various aspects of financial administration
Salary: $56,758 plus superannuation per annum, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion for customer service and to be part of a fast paced environment – a job at CSU Study Centre is for you!
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications.
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia permanently.
- This role requires a Working with Children Check, which the successful candidate must obtain prior to appointment.
- Study Group Australia is an equal opportunity employer.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV, cover letter and statement addressing selection criteria on our jobs board by Sunday 19th January, 2020 and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.