Application Support Specialist
Closing date for applications: 7 June 2017
Study Group, a renowned global education company, is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced Application Support Specialist. You will be joining Study Group's IT team in Sydney, Australia. Under the guidance and with the support of the Application Support Manager, this role will support Study Group's applications.
The role will respond to end user support requests raised in our service desk platform. You will be expected to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve application issues raised. You will work closely with end users and the UK application support team.
The role will suit a passionate, customer focused person with the ability to work autonomously. A high degree of initiative and attention to detail is essential in this role.
- Monitor and respond appropriately to all application support requests received via the Service Desk
- Communicate fully and effectively with colleagues throughout the incident life-cycle, ensuring that the user is fully aware at all stages of the incident or request
- Contribute to the central knowledgebase and document known issues
- Build specialist knowledge of Study Group's global applications
- Ensure requests are dealt with within agreed service levels
- Co-ordinate with Platform Directors and Developers as required to ensure they are aware of, and can respond to, critical issues, bugs, performance and other system issues
- Identify trends in application support requests and recommend remedial action to address these trends
- Liaise with software vendors regarding any 3rd party software issues, maintenance windows and software upgrades
- Managing in-house application software changes, facilitating outages and software upgrades and approving software functionality changes
- Testing new functionality that has been developed
- Proven experience in the IT industry in a similar/equivalent role
- Experience with help desk / service desk tools and processes
- Ability to gather, analyse and present detailed information
- Effective and timely decision making
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication, customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience in dealing with customers/end users
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Good self-knowledge, having the propensity to analyse successes and failures and determine areas for improvement
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a completed application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline 7 June 2017