AEP Director of Studies
Deadline for applications: N/A or DAY MONTH YEAR
Contract Type: Permanent / full time
At Taylors College, we put students at the heart of everything we do. Taylors College is a well-established, leading college in Australia and New Zealand. We provide world class, specialised programs in university preparation and secondary school education. With over 90 years of experience in the education industry, we have achieved unparalleled success in preparing students for their university study.
We are seeking a Director of Studies - Academic English Programs for our Waterloo campus in Sydney.
Reporting to the College Director, the Academic English Programs Director will assist in delivering and maintaining the high quality of academic operations within Taylors College as well as enhancing the capabilities of teaching staff through professional development and classroom management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with Student Services, contribute to academic policy development and review and assist the College Director with maintaining regulatory and compliance requirements
- Oversee ongoing review, standardisation and moderation across all AEP units and assessments and ensure appropriate collection and recording of results
- Develop curriculum for AEP programs, which is consistent with Study Group Colleges in Australia.
- Actively seek opportunities for collaboration with the wider Study Group network and other external entities with the aim of enriching the student experience.
- Monitor future enrolments in order to plan classes and recruit staff where appropriate
- Select, acquire and manage the teaching and learning resources for the AEP program.
You will be a person that thinks outside of the box, who is driven to guarantee that precise and timely solutions are provided to each client’s needs. Working with Study Group you will embody a passion for education and learning as you will be constantly surrounded by various stakeholders; including students, parents and agents with the view to increase student numbers.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Degree in relevant discipline plus a Masters in a related field.
- 5 or more years of ELICOS teaching experience
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Understanding of ESOS and TEQSA
- Availability to travel
- Knowledge of pathway colleges
It is a requirement of all Study Group employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state.
Sounds like you?
If you have a passion for education and be part of a fast paced environment – a job at Taylors College is for you!
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and current CV by 31st December 2019.
For more information please visit www.taylorscollege.edu.au
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications
- Study Group Australia is an equal opportunity employer
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.