Accounts Receivable Officer - 3 Month Contract
Deadline for applications: 7th February
Our vision is to create a better world through education. Our mission is to be the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with university teams who are as motivated as us to drive student success.
We will achieve this with highly engaged teams who will learn and grow at work so we drive student success, operational excellence and growth together, as one team.
The ‘Study Group Way’ provides six guiding principles to bring our strategy to life in our day-to-day work – student success, compliance focus, outside-in thinking, data-driven processes and insights, performance culture, and one team.
Responsible for supporting the Shared services with effective financial administration, particularly timely and accurate processing of transactions in order to meet deadlines.
- Manage cash collection and ensure all cash receipts are applied to the correct invoice.
- Maintain clean accurate debtors ledger with minimal aged debt and no reconciling items
- Manage account queries
- Follow up on outstanding student fees – contact students via Phone email and SMS
- Process Student Refunds against the International Student Refund Policy
- Provide timely and effective communication and at the appropriate level with all stakeholders affected or impacted by AR.
- Identify areas of process improvement to increase efficiency and drive data integrity
- Month end reporting for debtor ledger
Month End reporting
- Account and bank reconciliation
- Review, analyse and provide accurate reporting on debtors outstanding.
Reporting, planning and forecasting
- Provide accurate and timely standard reports and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Effective communication with the AR manager to keep them up-to-date with progress on tasks and objectives
- Build and maintain good working relationships with internal staff and suppliers
- Ensure continuous personal development with systems maintenance on Study Global and Finance systems
- Work closely with the wider finance teams and department managers in order to ensure accurate processing
- Minimum 2-3 years AR experience
- Advanced Microsoft office capability: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Analytical mindset to assist with reports and projects
- Customer focused
- Results focused
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Communication and influencing
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.