Academic Quality Assurance Manager ANZ
Deadline for applications: N/A
Our vision is to create a better world through education. Our mission is to be the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with university teams who are as motivated as us to drive student success.
We will achieve this with highly engaged teams who will learn and grow at work so we drive student success, operational excellence and growth together, as one team.
The ‘Study Group Way’ provides six guiding principles to bring our strategy to life in our day-to-day work – student success, compliance focus, outside-in thinking, data-driven processes and insights, performance culture, and one team.
The role of the Academic Quality Assurance Manager is to manage the development, implementation and improvement of Study Group ANZ’s academic quality and assurance frameworks. This includes coordinating the provision of guidance and direction to senior managers across Study Group ANZ, and to the academic community, to ensure that the organisation is compliant with and responsive to applicable regulatory requirements and educational context, and ultimately provides a high quality student experience. A strong ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels of Study Group ANZ’s business, including the use of influencing and negotiation skills, is a critical requirement of the role.
The Academic Quality Assurance Manager will carry responsibility for:
- Implementing Study Group ANZ’s Academic Assurance Framework and academic quality initiatives
- Driving the implementation of a mature and responsive academic quality and assurance culture across Study Group ANZ’s business and education operations units
- Researching and developing initiatives to support continuous improvement in academic quality and assurance frameworks, initiatives and processes
- Fostering strong relationships and working collaboratively to support the development of a partnership approach between the Governance, Quality, Compliance and Risk portfolio and all levels of Study Group Australia’s business.
- Drive the implementation of academic quality and assurance initiatives and practice with SGA’s governing bodies and business and education operations units, ensuring that Study Group Australia meets and maintains its regulatory requirements in relation to academic quality and assurance functions
- Provide expert academic quality and assurance analysis, guidance, advice and awareness training to relevant stakeholders with regard to academic quality and assurance practice, policy, procedure and tools
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the implementation of academic quality and assurance initiatives to identify issues and ensure achievement of desired outcomes
- Develop and implement processes and tools to ensure Study Group ANZ can meet its internal and external reporting obligations with regard to academic quality and assurance
- Develop and implement processes and tools to ensure Study Group ANZ can identify, monitor, address and report on known or emerging risk in compliance and quality in academic practice
- Work with the business and education units of Study Group ANZ to ensure there are appropriate academic policies and processes in place to ensure the organisation can implement its academic assurance and quality frameworks, meets its obligations with regard to the student experience, and is compliant with applicable regulatory and compliance requirements.
Priority Academic Quality and Assurance Projects
- Manage and oversee major aspects of academic quality and assurance-related projects including scoping, planning, implementation, logistics coordination, monitoring, resource coordination, reporting and budget management
- Coordinate research and evaluation projects
- Model and promote a culture of collaboration, co-creation, innovation, proactivity and transparency in the academic quality and assurance portfolio, and in partnership with portfolio stakeholders
- Independently build and maintain constructive working relationships with key senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise regularly with project stakeholders to ensure achievement of project objectives
- Represent Study Group ANZ on external quality and assurance networks and to government and other agencies as required
- Demonstrated experience in developing and applying pragmatic solutions to support management in the operation of a higher education environment
- Demonstrated understanding of quality, assurance and compliance requirements in relation to the regulatory framework for education providers in Australia and New Zealand
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as education management, policy, governance, business, project management
- 5 or more years’ senior management experience in a quality assurance role, with experience in the higher education/tertiary sector highly preferable
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement of processes and procedures across organizational boundaries, and monitoring outcomes of identified opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining trusted, constructive relationship with relevant regulatory bodies
- Previous employment in the higher education/tertiary sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organization preferred but not essential
- Strong working knowledge of the regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Verbal and written influencing and communication skills to effect change across technical and cultural dimensions of the organisation from corporate board and sub-committees, senior management and at the cross-functional business unit level
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgment in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
For more information or a copy of the PD please email Gemma at email@example.com
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Application deadline: 24 March 2020
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.