Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract Type: 12 month contract
We are recruiting a project manager to join our Group Programme management team (Vision 2022 PMO). In this job role, you will use all of your project management expertise to ensure the successful delivery of projects and initiatives related to Study Group’s strategic delivery programme. These will principally be in support of delivering our newly designed global Student Recruitment process.
We are looking for you to adopt a hands-on project management approach, ensuring that the communication to the business is regular and accurate. You will drive projects forward ensuring that work streams are progressing, compliance is upheld, and progress reports are delivered to the business and PMO. There will be a variety of stakeholders to manage, in various international locations, so you will be expected to build and develop relationships that ensure an effective delivery of the projects.
You will work with an array of different people, get to travel, and most importantly you will be making a truly positive impact on global education.
- Support business, IT and other colleagues in shaping projects and ensuring their milestones and deliverables aligned to wider programme dependencies and business objectives
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Build and manage effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Allocate and coordinate internal and third-party resources to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Develop project charters (including scope, objectives, deliverables, benefits, resourcing and governance structure), involving all relevant stakeholders
- Develop and manage detailed project plans
- Manage and control changes to project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate progress and issues as required, including to project boards
- Identify, evaluate and manage project risks and issues
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited, to: Workplace Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
To do this job you will ideally have a Project Management qualification, and certainly have significant experience of project management within changing operational environments. In addition you will be:
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- A good communicator, both written and verbal
- Confident in developing effective relationships and managing stakeholders at all levels
- Able to lead project meetings including putting together agendas / slide decks
- Able to prioritise work and work to deadlines
- Willingness to travel internationally (primarily to UK and Australia)
- Able to apply a flexible and resourceful approach
Qualifications & Training
- Degree preferable
- Project Management qualification preferable
- Strong project management and delivery experience
- Strong experience of helping shape and define project attributes
- Experience of working in an international corporate environment
- Experienced in managing projects that involve multiple stakeholders; having the confidence and communication skills to work effectively with senior management
- Experience in the Education sector and / or in delivering transformation projects in the areas of sales and marketing would be highly advantageous
- Experience of Agile methodologies would also be advantageous
- Working within Prince2 or similar project management methodology
- Experienced user of MS office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and preferably Project
- Experienced user of SharePoint or similar knowledge management systems
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.