Marketing Director, Customer Markets
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract Type: Full Time
Leadership and direction of the regional marketing teams to promote Study Group products and brands, increasing brand awareness and student recruitment, to achieve profit and revenue targets globally.
The role is responsible for understanding market opportunities within customer markets, and working closely with corporate Marketing and Sales, to develop and drive delivery of the ‘Go To Market’ strategy in each market.
This role will be a key member of the Marketing Executive Leadership Team (MELT).
Marketing strategy leadership and direction
- Leadership of, and accountability for, the ‘Go To Market’ (GTM) strategy for China, LATAM and India, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders, to promote the Study
- Group product and brand portfolio, driving student recruitment and the achievement of revenue targets in regional markets.
- Close partnership with Product and Digital Marketing to understand the value proposition, pricing and messaging strategy for Study Group products and brands. Leveraging data and insight, determine how best to deliver this value proposition in each region/country through the regional/country marketing teams, to offer students a compelling and engaging customer experience that drives awareness and lead generation and conversion.
- Leadership of compelling regional multi-channel, integrated marketing campaigns, including events, social media, content marketing, product launches, direct mail, paid advertising, SEO and PR, ensuring messaging and brand alignment and prospective student leads.
- Partnership and collaboration with Sales to ensure alignment on key field marketing activities to drive student recruitment.
- Lead on planning, financial and performance management across all regional markets.
- Link between Study Group corporate and regional marketing teams, ensuring effective and appropriate two-way information cascade and overall alignment to global marketing and business strategy.
- Establish a consistent set of marketing performance metrics to monitor performance and measure ROI across the function.
- Leadership of a best in class customer-centric marketing team through setting and communicating high standards of performance and behaviour.
- Drive a high performance and coaching culture by ensuring team members meet or exceed agreed KPI’s.
- Develop a culture which is underpinned by individual accountability, customer focus and collaboration.
- Engage team in collaborative problem solving to develop plans or resolve issues.
- Ensures all necessary management skills, frameworks, processes, and tools are in place and properly used to develop people capability and run the business effectively.
- Reward and recognise employees who contribute to the achievement of Study Group’s business goals both formally and informally
- Build plans to ensure the achievement of the team’s targets and meets or exceeds revenue and margin targets, while commercially managing costs within the business.
- Deliver on plan for number of qualified leads and applications to be converted by sales channels into enrolments that comply with metrics required.
- Measure return on investment (ROI) of all marketing campaigns and optimise budget allocation to maximize effect.
- Effectively coach team to operate in a commercial, cost focused environment.
- Develop and manage against annual budget for team.
- Ensure accurate, documented financial reporting requirements are met.
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the Study Group Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
The role will include significant interaction across the organisation as well as with customers and stakeholders globally. It is anticipated that there will be significant requirements for domestic and international travel.
Qualifications & training required
Degree level qualification preferably in Marketing and/or business or followed by a post-graduate marketing qualification.
- Experienced senior international marketing professional, with demonstrable success leading Regional/Field Marketing teams across a number of different geographies.
- A strong commercially savvy leader with a successful track record in leading the marketing and communication of high value products or services with a long sales cycle into a global marketplace.
- Knowledge and understanding of the international student marketplace and the challenges within the education sector.
- An understanding of the international business environment and the challenges working across multiple territories.
- Experience of working in a multi-channel and matrix organisation.
- Commercially astute but able to balance this against the requirement for academic excellence.
- Experience across the full marketing mix, including digital.
- Excellent oral communications, has personal credibility and gravitas to be able to operate amongst senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Leading and developing a high performance team with the ability to lead large teams in a global, matrix environment.
- Relationship builder and the ability to influence across all levels of the organisation both internally and externally.
- Results orientated with the ability to successfully deliver on sales, financial and customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Strategic agility and innovation, including strong business and commercial acumen.
- Decision making, problem solving with strong negotiation skills.
- First rate organisational and project management skills.
- Professional maturity and enthusiasm.
- Inspiring team leader who supports team members to expand their capabilities, coaches them to operate effectively and motivates them to deliver as a team beyond the traditional expectations
- Seeks opportunities to realise ongoing improvements of business and creates a strong sense of accountability.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.