IT Business Analyst
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Full time
The IT Business Analyst is a key role within the Global IT team, spanning all phases of a project and/or BAU releases. This can include requirements gathering, testing, training and implementation the agreed business scope.
The IT Business Analyst’s primary responsibilities include gathering and documenting business requirements, analysing business processes and co-ordinating/supporting testing activities with the business team members. In addition, the IT Business Analyst will support project management in the areas of project scoping, end user training and continuous improvement of project methodologies, templates and deliverables.
The IT Business Analyst must apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support an initiative from start to finish in coordination with the project manager, IT manager(s), development/testing teams and business leads. The IT Business Analyst role will be involved in a wide range of projects and BAU releases including IT custom software implementation projects, technical software upgrades, packaged application implementation, business process re-engineering, and business/technical integration of acquired entities.
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into detail, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business delegates and SMEs, analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the artefacts as needed.
- Artefacts will include, functional requirements (Business Requirements Document or equivalent), Use Cases, end to end scenarios; developing requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the opportunities and constraints associated with use of one or more solution options and work with stakeholders at all levels to explore and articulate the fit and gaps with current and/or potential business requirements in order to achieve agreed business outcomes
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Learn the functions of different IT platforms and solutions designed in a project or a BAU release.
Testing and Implementation
- Define / support test case definition and the testing activities to validate whether the requirements have been met. Competence with reviewing test scripts, test plans and test scenarios ensuring that they are based on the as-is state as well as the to-be models and testing the functionality of the physical product.
- Provide guidance and support business team members in test script development for UAT.
Assist in test issue resolution. Validate and recreate issues reported by the business testers.
- Work with developers as functional tester to support resolutions in a timely manner.
- Participate in the execution of test scripts during system test.
- Provide End-User Support after a release
- Support training as required with the knowledge of the business requirements.
- Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem solving
- Initiative, curiosity
- Customer Service Focused
- Communication Skills/ Ability to Listen
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork, Co-ordination
- Technical applicationSelf-Knowledge
Qualifications & Training
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Analysis, requirements development and management - Essential
- Demonstrable experience in creating requirements artefacts - Essential
- 2+ years’ experience in test development/coordination - Essential
- Tertiary qualifications in a business discipline – Desirable
- Worked on projects using a waterfall and agile methodology – Essential
- Flexibility in working hours during key phases – Desirable
- Self-Motivated and Team Player – Essential
- Ability to build trusted relationships with various stakeholders – EssentialUnderstanding of Project Management – Essential
Leadership and Communication
- Demonstrate strong behaviour and leadership that aligns with the divisions leadership
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Able to liaise with business and technology teams to monitor and resolve ongoing business and technical issues
- Provide adequate and timely reporting to their project manager
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Manages the process of innovative change. Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of working with various software development methodologies including waterfall and Agile.
- Basic understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design. Basic knowledge of SQL databases and data warehouses.
- Experience working with test management, testing tools, use cases and the testing functions within the software development lifecycle.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures. Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to critically assess business problems from a range of perspectives, with a focus on delivery of a sustainable business outcome
- Ability to manage work in a sometimes ambiguous and highly dynamic environment, engaging collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders in order to achieve successfully negotiated outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and results focused
- Strong customer focus with the goal of bringing people along on the journey to a successful delivery outcome
- Ability to facilitate user requirements into requirements/specifications and into the development process
- Team Player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Business Process Engineering
- Requirements Development
- Requirements Management
- Test Case development/review
- UAT Coordination
- Change Communication
- Research Skills
- Business Acumen
- Business Domain Knowledge
- Consulting Skills
- Creative Problem Solving
- Financial Acumen
- Managing Change
- Problem Analysis
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.