SVP, Operations HENA
Closing date for applications: 3 November 2017
This is a senior level role in our Higher Education Division in North America ( HENA) with responsibility for matters relating to the performance of the International Study Centre network across the region. The role is responsible for optimizing current high levels of performance and managing a sustainable, scalable network of International Study Centres. This role will also be responsible for the set up and operational excellence of new centre partnerships.
This role will serve on the HENA Executive Team as the senior leader responsible for the operational, financial and academic performance of the ISC network. The role will work in close liaison with our local and global executive teams. This role will directly manage our Centre Directors, based on campus.
Please note - this role could be based in either Dallas or Chicago.
- Ensure that the ISC network delivers against core KPI’s in the area of financial performance (eg: gross margin), operational efficiency (eg: teacher utilisation, average class size etc).
- Ensure Center Directors establish a continual quality improvement ethos encompassing their approach to staff, university relationships, internationalizing partner campuses, academic programs and students’ progress, success and satisfaction
- Lead and drive tactical and strategic change programmes which will increase the resilience and efficiency of the network, improve operational efficiency and provide consistent quality of delivery.
- Take steps to drive additional profit/revenue streams from the network.
- Work closely with the key internal stakeholders to ensure that optimal performance is delivered on matters relating to admissions, accommodation, and visa compliance.
- Work with Director of New Partner Implementation to ensure all new partners open on time, on budget, and with the budgeted numbers of new students
- Serve as primary operational principal on new partner launches
- Understand and take steps to consistently deliver improvements in the academic progression rates and student outcomes for the ISC Network, ensuring that contractual commitments are delivered.
- In conjunction with Academic programme leads, ensure that each Centre delivers upon the quality and consistency of its academic programmes to the satisfaction of Partners and students.
- Oversee the ISC programme of new product development with a view to increasing consistency across the network and efficient re-use of materials where appropriate.
Experience and Knowledge
- Substantial executive/operational management experience in a higher education setting ideally in the for-profit and/or North America based international sector. Clear track record of driving operational and financial performance in multi-site education centres.
- Must have a track record of improving academic standards and levels of service provision in an educational setting.
- Must have experience of operating at the highest levels within the University Sector (eg: Provosts and Deans)–
- Strong understanding of the international student recruitment market including current drivers and constraints.
- Must have experience of leading teams across a complex/matrix network of stakeholders.
- Must have strong knowledge of the visa, accreditation, regulatory and complaince landscape in North America.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a completed application form to Alex Brown, Director, Talent Management.
Application deadline 3 November 2017