Project Manager - HENA
Closing date for applications: 30 November 2017
Study Group's Higher Education North America division ( HENA) has recently agreed new partnerships with a number of Universities across the region. The primary purpose of this role is to manage the set-up of the resulting new International Study Centers (ISC) in North America.
This will include devising detailed operational procedures for all ISCs ready for handover to the operational management team . The successful applicant will maintain a laser like focus on all ISC implementations ensuring we remain within allocated budgets and timelines.
To be succesful in this role, you will need to be willing to coach stakeholders and other resources working with you on the best ways to approach project delivery. You will also have to understand how to work with teams who are not always 100% allocated to the programme and seek domain expertise from within the organisation.
Please note that this role can be located in either Dallas or Chicago.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Organise meetings with key internal and external stakeholders
- Organise key teams representing development of all functional areas of set up to include contract, operations, academic development, sales & marketing
- Produce and own key timelines related to project set-up
- Report on regular basis on updates relating to project development
- Ensure processes are set up between Study Group and the ISC Partner
- Accountable for everyday Project Management duties in respect of ISC set ups – including management of project documentation, plans, minutes and actions
- Other project management duties that may be assigned to support North America Managing Director
- Significant demonstrated experience in project management and business analysis activity, ideally within a corporate or education environment.
- Experience of leading / working on multiple concurrent projects. Proven track record in working with business to define complex projects.
- Experience working in a changing operational environment
- Experience working with multiple levels of management
- Experience gathering and presenting detailed information.
- Proven effective and timely decision making and judgement.
- Demonstrated experience in managing virtual teams in a supportive way.
- Experienced user of MS office, especially Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and preferably Project
- Experienced user of SharePoint or similar knowledge management systems
- Knowledge of Prince2 or similar project management methodology would be advantageaous
- Flexible and resourceful approach
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a full CV to Alex Brown, Director, Talent Management.
Only those candidates with rights to live and work in North America currently can be considered.
Application deadline 30 November 2017