International Marketing Manager
Closing date for applications: 5 July 2017
This fast paced private equity owned international education group is looking to fill our new International Marketing Manager position due to rapid growth! We are looking for a commercially astute Marketing Manager comfortable working in an international environment, who can generate results in a complex commercial environment.
The role can be based in Chicago or New York. Travel will be required.
You will manage a portfolio of International Study Centers which will entail defining the competitive approach in the global context, devising and delivering the marketing strategy, to maximise the commercial potential of the brands.
The successful candidate will work with the university partners to create, own and communicate a compelling consumer focused brand proposition and marketing plan, to drive sales and increase profitability.
You will use insight to understand market and product opportunities identify and build commercial cases for innovation then lead on the implementation
Monitoring and reporting on marketing campaign performance is key so that you can disseminate those findings, including campaign results, lessons learned and best practices
- Absorb the DNA of brands and translate/package for global promotion aligned with Study Group best practices and achieving partner promise to “Build their Brand” with colleagues in Sales and across the business
- Work with the Global Head of Marketing, HENA to develop annual marketing plans to meet and/or exceed business goals and achieve the business vision
- Own the delivery of an integrated marketing campaign across all channels including sales, advertising, content, social, acting as single point of contact with Brand
- Marketing division and each partner in their portfolio
- Develop strong relationships with university partners.
- Champion the consumer, conducting consumer research plus competitor and market analysis to extract actionable insights
- Create 3 year marketing strategy and annual marketing plans
- Brief campaign activity for creation and implementation by matrixed Marketing teams
- Innovate to enhance existing products
- Continually seek to improve the customer experience
- Regularly monitor & refine the plan in light of changing conditions
- Manage the marketing spend budget
- Measure ROI of all activities/campaigns
- Coordinate with Product Sales team to ensure that in-market sales activities are fully aligned to marketing plan and aligned with University partners
- Manage sales channel, working with global sales organization in the execution of marketing campaigns
- Manage FAM trips and partner visits into source markets – measuring ROI
- Work with Brand Marketing colleagues, finance and operations on resource forecasting and actualising; providing regular activity updates
- Assist the Global Head of Marketing, HENA to ensure resource is in place to create and execute all marketing activities as part of the Brand Marketing leadership team
- Manage annual marketing budget
- Input to annual budget
- Delivery of consumer-driven brand positioning and brand plans
- Strong relationships - campus and University partner feedback (360 degree)
- Control of marketing spend against budget
- Measurement of ROI on marketing investment
- Delivery in-market of marketing activities and projects on time in full
- New Student Enrollment
- Continuing Student Enrollment
- Ability to prioritise accountabilities, balancing short term demands with long term strategy
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Build relationships and the ability to influence results across all levels of the organisations both internally and externally
- Solid numeric, analytical and quantitative ability
- Ability to assess quality of creative work and outputs
- Results orientated with the ability to successfully deliver on sales, financial and customer satisfaction outcomes
- Ability to think strategically and globally, along with strong business and commercial acumen
- High levels of innovation
- Strong decision making and problem solving ability with well-developed negotiation skills
- First rate organisational, prioritisation and project management skills
- Insightful, with professional maturity, energy and enthusiasm
Qualifications and Training
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in a marketing or business discipline
- Strong communication skills, especially written
- A minimum of 5 years consumer brand marketing experience in an agency-style setting preferably, or, U.S. higher education, with some exposure to marketing a brand internationally
- Has worked in matrix, fast paced environment
- Experience working in multi-channel distribution environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the international student marketplace and the challenges within this industry
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply via LinkedIn with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Chicago or New York (including any holidays booked). You can insert your cover letter above your cv to enable you to send all the information required in one document.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.
Application deadline 5 July 2017
No agencies please