Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Full time, permenant
At Study Group our North American business continues to go from strength to strength and the number of academic institutions we’re working with continues to grow. We’re looking for a dynamic and credible individual to be our Head of Centre for a very exciting new partnership based in Vancouver, Canada.
In this job you’ll oversee all administrative, operational, and student success aspects of our International Study Centre (ISC), including staff recruitment and development, working with the partner College on faculty recruitment and development, student learning, program administration and enhancement, budget management, student support and admissions.
You’ll use your academic experience, commercial acumen and first rate communication skills to build an ISC culture focused on accountability, academic rigor, innovation and a commitment to excellence. You’ll proactively manage internal and external stakeholders to a senior level, optimising relationships to drive the ISC forward.
- In collaboration with partner institution, oversees the coordination of curriculum and course development
- Develops a collaborative instructional culture that is focused on innovation, accountability, and academic rigor
- Liaises with other departments, faculty, and partners around academic priorities and policies
- Works with the host institution regarding all recruitment and hiring, on-boarding, orientation and professional development of instructors
- Coordinates with the host college's operations team for logistics planning, and scheduling of courses.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the ISC and ensures a high standard of delivery across all Centre services
- Builds and manages a strong administrative staff focused on outstanding student and partner service, efficient operations and commitment to excellence
- Applies administrative and operational processes consistent with the goals of the unit and Study Group
- Serves as an ambassador for Study Group, promoting its programs, supporting its vision and culture, articulating its value, and building positive working relationships with key stakeholders across campus and in the community.
Student Success and Performance Leadership
- Oversees the delivery of a comprehensive student support strategy
- Identifies at risk students and develops student success plans (including behavioural, academic, attendance) for students at risk of non-successful progression
- Collaborates with partner institutions to coordinate seamless student conduct, risk management, and crisis intervention/management policy and protocol activities as they relate to ISC students.
Marketing, Sales and Admissions
- Collaborates with the Marketing Department on strategic planning for attracting students to the institution
- Coordinates with the partner institution for the student admission process at the International Study Centre including, but not limited to: pro-actively responding to student inquiries and pre- arrival communication with agents, ensuring timely processing of applications, enrolments, and housing confirmations
- Builds and maintains close working relationships between partner institution and Centre staff, agents worldwide and SG’s regional office and recruitment staff
- Oversees liaising with staff in-market on student issues, provides feedback on market information and trends, and coordinates SG’s and the partner institution’s systems and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of budgeting, finance, and collections
- Develops and oversees Centre’s annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Master’s degree in TESOL or related focus preferred
- Significant administrative/academic experience
- Experience in English language curriculum writing preferred
- Experience living and working outside of Canada preferred
- Budget and collections experience preferred
- Demonstrated skill in working within a College setting with in-depth understanding of higher education culture
- Enhanced ability to work independently, from afar, with little supervision
- Comprehensive understanding, and healthy appreciation for corporate higher education and public/private partnerships
- Strategic planning, project management, and change management ability
- High-energy, motivation and enthusiasm coupled with a solutions-oriented mind set to challenges encountered.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.